Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
If your in your early 40's and your employer informed you that your being replaced in your position by another employee.

On top of that your also being forced into retirement; and 'of course' with a 'Separation Package' that includes 'only 2/3's of your next prorated three years salary. For which you will be asked to do occasional public appearances on behalf of the company that canned you.

Also....that by accepting this 'Separation Package' you will remain retired forever.

How in hell would that grab your ass, Zool? Would you be grateful too ecstatically pleased?
If I retired from my job and the company I worked for replaced me with someone else I would realize I did a pretty stupid thing and be happy that the company offered me 2/3 of my salary to do public appearances.

If I had a non-compete and still wanted to work I would go to my ex-employer and find a suitable arrangement for me to work someplace else knowing my position was already filled and it wouldn't be fair to the new guy to ask management to can-his-ass so I could get my old job back that I retired from.