Results 9,821 to 9,840 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    In your scenario, am I a professional athlete? Have I "retired" 3 times already? Has that company given me $100,000,000?
    So what has that got to do with 'the price of tea in China' Zool ?

Brett Favre was a Pro athlete with every right that offered him to play football professionally. To not be allowed or forced to not do so; by any TT/MM/Mark Murphy BS. that focused on preserving his status/legend or otherwise.

Brett Favre wanted to win another Super Bowl ring. Accepting the Green Bay position wasn't going to assist his strong desire to achieve that.

Whatever he earned in his long career; whatever he had accomplished prior to June-August 2008 was moot; had zero bearing on his future needs and desires. Playing for a sincerely focused and competitive NFL team.

When that team couldn't be 'the Green Bay Packers'. Brett Favre merely exercised his freedom of rights to pursue his dream elsewhere.

If he was being rejected by the Green Bay Packers ( for future with Aaron Rodgers) so be it. There was no imaginable way that Brett Favre was going to be a back-up to any NFL QB. Certainly not after the season he shined in or the 2007 season.

Brett Favre merely meant to force the issue to be able to get back in the real mix elsewhere. He didn't want to be paid off as some 'token spokesperson' for the Green Bay Packers. Before such was ripe in terms of both deserving and coming. Brett Favre 'in fact' needed to get away from the shackles he must have felt playing for a team managed by Ted Thompson. I believe that both he and Ted Thompson certainly knew that to be the case.

To somehow manage to overcome that 'obvious for him handicap, or Ted Thompson's ways. Under that condition and to still almost see the job done; speaks mountains for Brett Favre 'the man'.

I believe that the real TRUTH was that Brett Favre was as ecstatic to get traded as I was as a Packer fan to see him freed of the TT yoke.

The 'only' noise that he made leaving the Green Bay Packers was in my view his hurt of leaving behind the great fans and people of Green Bay that did support him. As I viewed it all. The 'only noise' should have been the almost silent sigh of relief and pure joy getting out from under Ted Thompson.

I don't believe that Brett Favre and Ted Thompson were very close. Too much informed me of that as a fact. I do believe that Brett Favre has done his best to make it all go away to smooth over any ruffled feelings. It's Ted Thompson, who has remained extremely awkward, as is his nature, in this matter.

As it's been pointed out previously in this thread. TT's awkwardness is no longer a factor and anything Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers in the future.

As far as the way it all went down. Both sides and not just Brett Favre made errors. In hindsight it certainly could have been handled better. Unfortunately we're dealing with huge ego's in terms of Brett Favre and Ted Thompson. In such cases there is often a mess.

It's now left to sensible Green Bay Packer fans to get it right again.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-23-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau