Good lord. Woodbuck here believes BF was forced to retire. Nonsense! If MM and TT thought he couldn't play anymore they wouldn't have gave a damn if he played for a divisional rival. Had Favre not retired after the 2007 season I truly believe he would have been our starter. But once he did retire and held that teary press conference MM went full speed ahead with Rodgers and never looked back. Back then the Jets were not the mess they are today. Brett showed he could still play and performed well until he got hurt. Heck, they were headed for the playoffs before he injured his shoulder. He then pretended to retire again. The reason I say 'pretend' is he asked NY to give him his release. Retired players do not make this kind of a request. It was plain he wanted out of that contract so he could go to the place he wanted to go all along - MN - so he could stick it to the franchise that made him a multimillionaire. He got his wish and joined the Vikes but tossed yet another INT and screwed the queens out of a SB berth and Rodgers played lights out a year later and won it all. I think we got the better end of this deal. BTW, I believe MM was the driving force behind wanting Favre to stay retired more than TT ever was.