Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
Yeah. That's the downfall. The upside to this author is he gets so many people involved, he can do anything. If Kaleesi got accidently burned to death by one of her dragons, the show could still go on. That's the beauty of it. It gives him all kinds of flexibility. The downside is, we can get a little lost. I've watched season 1 and 2 at least 3 times each. Some episodes probably 5 or 6 times just because I've watched with other people when it was their first time through. I keep my mouth absolutely shut. This is meant to be experienced a certain way. The Author obviously poured his heart and soul into these books and has amazing talent. It's a truly great experience for me and I wouldn't ruin that for anyone else.

A random side-note, one part of the show I find amazing is the introduction. It's a great show intro. It's like listening to the Fox football intro, gets your blood pumping. But it serves another purpose. It's the layout of Westeros and the surrounding areas. A part of this story is understanding the politics and logistics of battle. The map is a needed component. That intro, I don't know if people realize, but it adds to the depth of the show. Sometimes I'll watch the intro 2 or three times, just to get a better feel for locations. The author has things make sense, as far as what places are hot-spots for power. Understanding the layout helps to understand motivation and potential pitfalls.
That map also shows what is going on in the world. In seasons 1 & 2 Winterfell was a big castle and the white tree. Now on the preview it has smoke and ruined buildings with the white tree.