Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
I'm inclined to agree with JH here in terms of world perspective but I don't feel comfortable making a character judgement on Hernandez or what he deserves other than to lose his freedom if he's in fact guilty. This isn't a ghetto kid from the wire, he's had a network of coaches and teammates as a support group for years. He's had college and opportunity. He's had focus, meaning, things to look forward to, and professional success. Maybe he's got no social conscience, maybe he's just unfathomably stupid. I'm not even sure which is worse. Go directly to jail, do not collect $200.

Again though I suspect roid rage. I'm of the sort that believes or wants to believe that it takes a chemical imbalance to do this kind of thing. The kind of chemical imbalance that comes from a professional sport where in all reality PED's are probably near mandatory to play the game. I hope Goodell gets stuck holding this shit bomb.
I've seen you make this type of comment twice now. Forgive my ignorance as I haven't closely followed the PED discussion between the league and the NFLPA, but isn't the NFLPA balking on PED testing because of distrust in Goodell stemming from the bounty fiasco?

My understanding was that the league had agreed to third party arbitrators regarding appeals of positive PED tests but the NFLPA was trying to push for third party arbitrators of all appeals - disciplinary, etc. You can argue that pushback is warranted after Bountygate, but I'm just wondering which of the league's PED testing suggestions you are in disagreement with. Again, sorry to go off topic but I'm looking for more information.