View Poll Results: So..What wil it be?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cure Cancer...We all have fam that faced it.

5 62.50%
  • Be rich...Buy whatever you want.

1 12.50%
  • Have the Packers win the next 5 SuperBowls..it's possible.

0 0%
  • Be famous...so you can NEVER pricecheck at Walmart again.

0 0%
  • Sex Maniac w hotties...Snake is already there.

0 0%
  • Snake and all my siblings were all Valedictorians..no joke. It's overrated. We all have flaws.

0 0%
  • U.S. President...ya they have been listening to Obama w Syria eh?

0 0%
  • Happy family...Snake has grown. I want this.

2 25.00%
  • Perfect body. I used to have it...still good looking..but it's overrated.

0 0%
  • Well liked...hmmm..I'd rather be hated...not as much to live up to.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bucket List

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Curing cancer and its not even close. Everybody dies twice, once when your heart stops and again when your name is spoken for the last time.
    That's poetry. But it only seems fair since:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Curing cancer and its not even close. Everybody dies twice, once when your heart stops and again when your name is spoken for the last time. The man or woman who cures cancer will leave a legacy unrivalled by anything else on that list.
    Agree! However the angry/paranoid me thinks the cure is there...or on the verge and is being stopped by the FAT HOG pharmaceutical companies.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    Agree! However the angry/paranoid me thinks the cure is there...or on the verge and is being stopped by the FAT HOG pharmaceutical companies.
    007, I know you mean well, but wake up and smell the coffee. The pharms are probably keeping a lot of people you know and/or their loved ones alive. The only one stopping them from treating more people is your interfering government and the pace of scientific discovery. To wit:

In October 1920, it occurred to an Ontario doctor, Frederick Banting, that insulin might be isolated and purified and used to treat diabetes; by January 1923, Eli Lilly & Co. was selling insulin to American pharmacies: A little over two years from concept to market. Now, the FDA adds at least a half-decade to the process, and your chances of making it through are far slimmer: As recently as the late Nineties, they were approving 157 new drugs per half-decade. Today it’s less than half that.
    The pharm industry wants to make drugs to cure and treat you- the more the merrier. If their drugs don't work, they generally don't make money. Like every other industry there is some corruption and there are nasty people, but the profit motive drives a lot of people to make things that you want and things that help you. The less government, the better it works; bad companies, bad ideas get weeded out fast. People find the good stuff fast. In the cell phone/smart phone industry Just compare Apple and Blackberry.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    007, I know you mean well, but wake up and smell the coffee. The pharms are probably keeping a lot of people you know and/or their loved ones alive. The only one stopping them from treating more people is your interfering government and the pace of scientific discovery. To wit:

The pharm industry wants to make drugs to cure and treat you- the more the merrier. If their drugs don't work, they generally don't make money. Like every other industry there is some corruption and there are nasty people, but the profit motive drives a lot of people to make things that you want and things that help you. The less government, the better it works; bad companies, bad ideas get weeded out fast. People find the good stuff fast. In the cell phone/smart phone industry Just compare Apple and Blackberry.
    While I like your comparision on the innovation side, there is one thing seperating the smartphone market and medication, the marketing teams that show skewed data to doctors. One example is oxycontin (SP?) which was recommended as a headache medicine. While it did mask headache symptoms it also has heroin like properties re addiction and damage to organs. I think there is a middle ground somewhere, I just don't know where.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    007, I know you mean well, but wake up and smell the coffee. The pharms are probably keeping a lot of people you know and/or their loved ones alive. The only one stopping them from treating more people is your interfering government and the pace of scientific discovery.

Coming from a family that has been dealt with their fair share of cancer I agree that meds/treatment has been extremely beneficial. Greed can drive people/companies to do horrible things. Quite a few years ago I knew someone who got a starting position as a sales rep for one of the big pharm companies earning 70g. Can't imagine what she I s earning now. Was only a few years before that I was filling a temp position helping out my sister who was the director for an agency for aging. I was shocked at the number of the elderly that had to choose between paying bills and/or food or pay for their meds. Something is not right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    While I like your comparision on the innovation side, there is one thing seperating the smartphone market and medication, the marketing teams that show skewed data to doctors. One example is oxycontin (SP?) which was recommended as a headache medicine. While it did mask headache symptoms it also has heroin like properties re addiction and damage to organs. I think there is a middle ground somewhere, I just don't know where.
    that's something I can accept

i want money, i never want to have to worry about money again

most stress in life comes directly from money, or lack there of

give me a million dollars and i'll life a happy humble life. give me 10 million, and i'll spend the rest of my life traveling the world

give me money, i can take care of the rest