Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Question about lifting weights

I sense a gross-off coming...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    if so, i think you started it. i just morphed this thread in to guns, but actually someone else mentioned "proper shooting form" so i think that is were the blame should go!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    get rid of the sling shot.
    Not a chance. I've bagged more game with one of those than anything else. The one I tend to use is actually this style, with a forearm support

These things are great for rabbit and grouse. Took a turkey with one last year!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

[quote="Guiness"]
    Took a turkey with one last year!
    are you kidding??? how far out was he? you must be a crack shot. can you shoot an asprine with a long bow as well??? ever watch american shooter on OLN?? their is a sharp shooter who does trick shots. that was one of them. amazing.

Thanks. About 25 yards, I'd say. Took a little patience, but he was coming out to a (private) road, and I sat in a lawn chair for a while waiting for him to get close enough. Knocked the Tom out cold.

Yes, I'm a pretty good shot. I can knock down pop cans at 25 yards all day long with one. Had two friends I used to go hunting with all the time when I was a kid, and still carry it as a side arm when I'm out for bigger game. My boys can never figure out what happens to all their marbles!

I've seen a trick shooter on OLN a couple of times - he was pretty amazing. Darby, I think?

What's an Asprine?

Edit: right. An asprin - lol. No, don't really shoot bow, but I'd like to learn.
    --

if so, i think you started it. i just morphed this thread in to guns, but actually someone else mentioned "proper shooting form" so i think that is were the blame should go!
    Didn't mean it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness
    Thanks. About 25 yards, I'd say. Took a little patience, but he was coming out to a (private) road, and I sat in a lawn chair for a while waiting for him to get close enough. Knocked the Tom out cold.

Yes, I'm a pretty good shot. I can knock down pop cans at 25 yards all day long with one. Had two friends I used to go hunting with all the time when I was a kid, and still carry it as a side arm when I'm out for bigger game. My boys can never figure out what happens to all their marbles!

I've seen a trick shooter on OLN a couple of times - he was pretty amazing. Darby, I think?

What's an Asprine?

Edit: right. An asprin - lol. No, don't really shoot bow, but I'd like to learn.
    I can show you all a trick shot with my fun gun!!!

"This is my rifle and this is my gun! This one is for killing and this one is for fun!"

nutz, put that thing away before it accidentally goes off in your hand!!

Any hope of getting this back On Topic? (Is there such a thing in this room?)

007 - what did ya decide?
    --

ya 007 was it a shotgun or a slingshot??

better yet let your kid come on here and see what he would rather have. a sissy weight bench, or a .44 magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz

Whatever you do, keep him wrestling. You would be amazed at the strength, body balance, coordination, and quickness that he will develop on the mat. Wrestling also teaches kids about personal responsibility and understanding how to take both winning and losing. Besides you live in Iowa, if he is not wrestling, he ain't living!!!
    He really liked wrestling at first and then seemed to get kinda bored with it. BUT, this was his first year and it was put on by the HS coach and some players, so there were no meets. I think that was his problem with it....the excitement of competing was missing. He won't be able to be on an organized team with meets for another 2 years.

Any hope of getting this back On Topic? (Is there such a thing in this room?)

After reading all, it sounds reasonable to out with the dumbbells and see where it goes from there.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

Whatever you do, keep him wrestling. You would be amazed at the strength, body balance, coordination, and quickness that he will develop on the mat. Wrestling also teaches kids about personal responsibility and understanding how to take both winning and losing. Besides you live in Iowa, if he is not wrestling, he ain't living!!!
    He really liked wrestling at first and then seemed to get kinda bored with it. BUT, this was his first year and it was put on by the HS coach and some players, so there were no meets. I think that was his problem with it....the excitement of competing was missing. He won't be able to be on an organized team with meets for another 2 years.
    Hey mom, you gotta get an RV for the summer and take your kid to all the tournaments that happen across the nation! Or better yet, just Iowa. contact USAwrestling at www.usawrestling.org

Hey mom, you gotta get an RV for the summer and take your kid to all the tournaments that happen across the nation! Or better yet, just Iowa. contact USAwrestling at www.usawrestling.org
    I think I could probably squeeze that in. I do still have one evening at home per week.

...well off to the ballgame. Tonight is a double whammy....watch 1/2 of the baseball game and then get my daughter to her concert.

So, how's the lifting working out so far?

Damn JAPF, you dug deep into the archives to find that one.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Damn JAPF, you dug deep into the archives to find that one.
    I looked through all 16 pages.(didn't read all the threads of course)

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherpackfan
    So, how's the lifting working out so far?
    Not too bad. He's got 8 lb and 10 lb dumbbells he works with. We haven't gone any further yet.

Got a good laugh the other day though....my daughter is in to doing aerobics, sit ups, push ups ... but she always wants someone to do this with her. I heard them arguing downstairs....loud one! Went down the steps to see what's going on. She says he promised to work out with her if she played Madden with him and now he won't do it. He says, I AM working out. I look over and he's layed back in the recliner doing curls with his weights. ...of course with a big grin on his face!!