Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Hope I didn't piss ya off too much Zig. You might be surprised how many genetics experts just make crap up about all this.

A plausible evolutionary explanation is that ostensible homosexual attraction is a linked trait to something else that is absolutely essential for survival, say sexual attraction in general. The other possibility is that it is completely epigenetic, meaning it is not encoded genetically, but that the expression of genes that give the propensity for same sex attraction is triggered by environmental factors (those could be anything but it's a really fanciful way of saying "I don't know what causes the predisposition")

As far as I can tell there are three causes of apparent homosexual behavior, based on the simple fact that humans are a two sex species:

1) intersexual development: homo sapiens either develop as male or female, but sometimes develop intersexual traits, and sometimes that's subtle, so that the person is more or less indistinguishable as a specific sex. So someone who looks male may be tilted toward female development and someone female tilted toward male development, etc. So the 'same sex' attraction that intersexuals feel is perfectly natural
    2) Trauma - there are all sorts of developmental and experiential trauma that can lead to ego-identity confusion and/or make a person of one sex less attracted to the other sex, and gravitate towards the same sex. Most people probably know a divorced woman who is now gay as a result of an abusive husband, for example. Children who have parents with confused sexual roles can also be affected (Sorry, that's probably not the correct way to say that).
    3) Experimentation - This is more common in women than men, but people do get influenced by society - sometimes accidentally and harmlessly and sometimes dangerously and purposefully- to 'explore their sexuality,' and they do just that, without having any homosexual inclination at all.

Ultimately though, in any of the cases, the decision to express any of these feelings in a sexual way, regardless of their genesis, is a voluntary act, presumably by agents with free will, with all the implications that entails.
    We're still going down the garden path here, Eh! I'll try to re-focus this.

No clear evidence exists that most homosexual behaviour is biologically caused or determined. Evidence has been found that 'homosexuality' may be influenced by pathological development of the hypothalamus or other brain structures. It's "really all in their head", isn't an inaccurate phrase.

Psychological counseling might redirect their lives in a different focus. Many men are confused over this sexual persuasion to the same sex which conflicts with their morality.

Homosexuals as commonly defined or 'primary homosexuals' are statistically rare.

The majority of individuals labelled homosexuals are more properly labelled as bisexual's. This majority of 'Male GAYS' like women and men. Their relationships with both sex's may or may not be sexual.

When a GAY Male says that he loves women. He's likely informing the public or us of his TRUTH.

Think Aaron Rodgers even as 50% of the population are correct and he is GAY.

I personally have no interest in Aaron Rodgers personal sexual ways. Whether he's straight or GAY doesn't confuse me. RE: His skills as the QB of my team.

GO Aaron GO ! GO PACKERS...GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-04-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    There were a couple fags I'd smoke with and occasion a bar or two with, but it was the lesbians I got on famously with.
    Good for you, but as you know, I often eat breakfast with black people at "The Curve", so you can't expect me to be overly impressed with your slumming stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Good for you, but as you know, I often eat breakfast with black people at "The Curve", so you can't expect me to be overly impressed with your slumming stories.
    Yea ....so there... Yea just that...take that...Yea.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Sure, but were those "Primary Blacks?" Apparently, they are rare.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Sure, but were those "Primary Blacks?" Apparently, they are rare.
    Now you know that premise is invalid.... won't hold water.

Please don't get your cookie crumbled. I hate to see you drug outta here screaming and in tears.

Don't get completely foolish on us.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Actually you know statistically that nuking every homosexual on the planet would not solve the problem, nor would rounding them up on an island.
    Nor has gay "marriage" solved the "problem," whatever the problem is. Other than allowing people differing viewpoints to express those views without fear of public shaming, retribution, and the attempted destruction of their lives. And I'm not talking about the gays. The intolerance shown to those who refuse to celebrate gaydom is a pervasive problem with our society. See Phil Robertson or that guy who owns Chick-fil-A or that anti-gay CB from SF as a couple of our most recent examples. Tolerance has no meaning these days other than a sociopolitical bludgeon of self-righteousness.

Again, trying to pressure an NFL player to announce his sexual behavior simply so activists can say, "See, look there! There's a gay and he plays football!" is dehumanizing - stripping a man down to where he likes to stick his penis, which would seem to be at odds with the desired outcome.
    Last edited by SkinBasket; 01-05-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Nor has gay "marriage" solved the "problem," whatever the problem is. Other than allowing people differing viewpoints to express those views without fear of public shaming, retribution, and the attempted destruction of their lives. And I'm not talking about the gays. The intolerance shown to those who refuse to celebrate gaydom is a pervasive problem with our society. See Phil Robertson or that guy who owns Chick-fil-A or that anti-gay CB from SF as a couple of our most recent examples. Tolerance has no meaning these days other than a sociopolitical bludgeon of self-righteousness.
    That's all about ignorance bred fear >>> feeding>>> some ego driven low self esteem macho bullshit too often disguised by some over zealous religious paper shield.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The question, unanswerable unless someone put it in writing, is why choose that year to use a fifth pick on a punter instead of a QB, LB or CB?
    I think the answer to that question is simple. It's more likely to improve your team by taking one of the best punters in the draft than the 13th ranked QB in the draft. Most 5th round picks are lottery tickets that do not hit. Usually (lol BJ Sander) punters taken in the draft are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I think the answer to that question is simple. It's more likely to improve your team by taking one of the best punters in the draft than the 13th ranked QB in the draft. Most 5th round picks are lottery tickets that do not hit. Usually (lol BJ Sander) punters taken in the draft are pretty good.
    Agreed. If they just wanted to get rid of Kluwe, they would've brought in some punters and had a competition, the way the Pack did with Crosby.

They spent a draft choice, they saw a player they wanted.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That's all about ignorance bred fear >>> feeding>>> some ego driven low self esteem macho bullshit too often disguised by some over zealous religious paper shield.
    I'm sure this means something very deep inside your head. Outside... not so much.

Again, trying to pressure an NFL player to announce his sexual behavior simply so activists can say, "See, look there! There's a gay and he plays football!" is dehumanizing - stripping a man down to where he likes to stick his penis, which would seem to be at odds with the desired outcome.
    This is, I think, the basis of Skin's side of this....discussion? (I don't know what to call what's happening in this thread)

I agree with this. Stop trying to point out gay people and just let them live their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    This is, I think, the basis of Skin's side of this....discussion? (I don't know what to call what's happening in this thread)

I agree with this. Stop trying to point out gay people and just let them live their lives.
    I agree with the basis of your comment, but "don't ask, don't tell" didn't exactly work out well so you have to be careful there.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I agree with the basis of your comment, but "don't ask, don't tell" didn't exactly work out well so you have to be careful there.
    Instead of don't ask don't tell, maybe don't worry about it?

You mean to tell me that these guys should be worried about football and not about who likes to put their cock in the meat sock? That's very intolerant of you. Without divulging that to the world, how can they ever be happy?

One golden day, players will be able to tell us, without FEAR, all about their sexual lives. Who likes to fuck hookers bareback. Who likes a good footjob. Who isn't afraid of a little stinky pinky if it's what the lady likes. Who likes the feeling of stockings, hairy legs, or baby oil. Who likes to give, or receive, a gentle spank and who likes to choke their bitch... but just a little bit. Who likes hanging themselves in a closet and who needs to have the lights off to get a boner. Who likes black chicks (or dudes) and who likes white. Who dips into Chinese waters and who braves the Mexican gulfs. Who likes to bring a vibrating cock ring to the table every now and again, and who brings a fucking treasure chest of dildos, whips, claps, gags, and cuffs. Who likes a little whipping cream and who likes a full on banana insertion. Who likes to pull a little hair and who likes a nice anal cranal. Toe suckers, finger lickers, fisters, biters, slappers, erotic massagers, high heel lovers, eye pokers, deep throaters, scat eaters, and big cushion pushers unite! The NFL's Sexual Revolution is coming, because it's is very, very important to reduce stigmas, propagate agendas, raise awareness, and let the world know exactly what you like to do with your man bits, and what kind of sexual relationship you are engaged in!!!

Obviously. I was just pointing out that quasi-ignoring it while admitting it is there is a bad idea too.
    --

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Can't you just reference Rex Ryan and cover it all?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

" stripping a man down to where he likes to stick his penis, which would seem to be at odds with the desired outcome." skinbasket

OK I can't stand it anymore...

Since when is the quality and success of a personal relationship 'of any status'; based to any degree on the quality of that relationship's privacy in the bedroom...that relationship sexual status'?

A successful relationship is affirmed (or measured) in terms of every aspect of living as a couple. SEX isn't the most important aspect. It's down the list.

In the middle of the third quarter yesterday, Jordy Nelson and his wife showed up on the JumboTron to warn everyone about the dangers of breast cancer and how its probably a good idea to catch it early rather than assume you will never get it. They never mentioned males getting breast cancer as they were really just sucking up to women to get them to buy pink Packer clothing and pretend a significant amount of money was going to research.

They were fully clothed and never discussed their sex lives in the whole 30 second spot, and even though I suspect they prefer missionary, I did not really care. Why was I not curious? Because its mundane, routine and boring. Also it was only tangentially related to the sales task at hand.

If you believe there will soon be a Packer up there with a male partner discussing how it might be a good idea to get that prostate checked out then you are delusional. Those prostate research supporting truck nuts with a Packers G for the ring are not going to sell themselves you know.

Someone will need to publicly announce, wait for the media whirlwind to pass and then watch it become far less important over time.

Then your beloved silence can fall.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yes. That would absolutely be a proof of the GAY Lifestyle and acceptance.

I'm sure this means something very deep inside your head. Outside... not so much.
    It's not deep man.

It's not complicated if you would simply try harder to read it ... interpret it.

Maybe you can't deal with the message? Maybe the core of you doesn't accept the GAY lifestyle? You realize that acceptance is a certain course of life now that we all must embrace. I include the most dedicated and daily faithful 'in Christ'. They don't hold the great Pass Card on interpretation of 'just how to live'.

This sort of person has missed the boat and loving GAYs when he/she fails to acknowledge Christ's 'only' desire of his flock.

To 'love one another' doesn't have limitations or self perceived reservations. LOVING in terms of a Christian belief and persuasion means:

LOVE: ALL IN ... FOR ALL ... WITH ALL.

It doesn't mean " Don't love anyone that has sex like that."