Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Seattle cheats

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If this was basketball, there would be dueling press conferences with coaches complaining about these (non) calls.

Phil Jackson, isn't doing anything, Payton should give him a call.
    PS..this is why I tend to say that running and physical D win championships...because the refs make it so.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Each individual game now has it's own set of rules. How the refs are gonna call PI, holding, & other grabby calls determines the outcome of every game. It varies so much, there is absolutely no consistency.

Right now, I see no way the Seahawks don't win the SB.

That's why I'm rooting for the Saints today!
    But right when you think that, the refs start calling PI. All of a sudden the saints are rolling and seattle is frustrated that what they did all year long isn't allowed. Next thing you know, game over for the seachickens.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Reputation Red. A couple years ago (2010) we finally got over the reputation for committing pass interference. Before that we got called for looking at receivers the wrong way. These "hard nosed" defenses are extremely physical. They PI all the time, they hold and pull. Why do you think that in a game that the officials were too cold to call PI or nearly anything subjective our D suddenly looked much better. I was just shocked that our D figured it out and started playing that way.
    I'm too busy with kids to look up stats atm, but I feel like the dominant Steelers defenses were always near the top in penalties committed.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Stop being haters and recognize a great defense, ya'll were not complaining when Woodson and Al Harris were playing the same way.

you know...if the refs aren't going to call it then it's the refs that are cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Stop being haters and recognize a great defense, ya'll were not complaining when Woodson and Al Harris were playing the same way.
    they got called for pi all the time.

sea does have a great d but the rules are the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    you know...if the refs aren't going to call it then it's the refs that are cheating.

they got called for pi all the time.

sea does have a great d but the rules are the rules.
    I understand rules are the rules but they aren't breaking them. They are a great defense because they are loaded with talent, not because they cheat. What plays did the cheat in the 1st half of shutting out the Saints and holding Brees to under 40 yards passing? They have physical corners, great safety play, and great pass rushers....but yea they are cheaters.

Nope. Holding a grudge until that Interceptouchdown is avenged or Pete has to sit out for NCAA sanctions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Nope. Holding a grudge until that Interceptouchdown is avenged or Pete has to sit out for NCAA sanctions.
    Haha maybe I'm bias because their have two starters from my hometown.

The vid posted by Striker is what they've been doing the last couple years. I hope Pete Carroll dies in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    slut
    Not sluts ... cheaters.

Sluts are like a PRV... a pressure relief valve. They can be reset.

Cheaters are like a forest fire. Lots of lost life and severe damage. Decades to recover.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    The vid posted by Striker is what they've been doing the last couple years. I hope Pete Carroll dies in a fire.
    Knowing Carroll, it will be while running back into the building to save a five-star recruit's dog.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I understand rules are the rules but they aren't breaking them. They are a greatu defense because they are loaded with talent, not because they cheat. What plays did the cheat in the 1st half of shutting out the Saints and holding Brees to under 40 yards passing? They have physical corners, great safety play, and great pass rushers....but yea they are cheaters.
    they do break rules. the d in particular, and dbs specifically, clutch, grab, hold, all the time. they have a couple of cheap shot artists too. yesterday? didn't watch the game. I'm not disagreeing that their d is good just saying they don't have to play the way they are. but...if the refs aren't going to enforce the rules then the opposition has no chance.

Blog Entries
    Calling a spade a spade

Seattle has a great defense; I'd take them over any squad in the NFL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This is how I would play, too. The rules of holding, dirty play, etc are stretched every single play. If you can't beat 'em, join em.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Reputation Red. A couple years ago (2010) we finally got over the reputation for committing pass interference. Before that we got called for looking at receivers the wrong way. These "hard nosed" defenses are extremely physical. They PI all the time, they hold and pull. Why do you think that in a game that the officials were too cold to call PI or nearly anything subjective our D suddenly looked much better. I was just shocked that our D figured it out and started playing that way.
    Cold Zebra's don't call PI's.

Noted.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I call it the NASCAR Crew Chief effect. Everyone's doing something so you better be as well. Someday it will be revealed what Jimmy Johnson is doing with Chad Knaus' help.
    Wow. A NASCAR reference! "If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying".

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    Wow. A NASCAR reference! "If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying".
    Get a lot (OK, reasonable) amount of coverage locally for Kenseth and that keeps me a bit current.

As a kid, I liked to watch races on weekends. Somewhere I have a Johnny Rutherford autograph.

But back to football, points of emphasis can be used to combat a new technique that crosses the line. Problem lately has been with the number of changes (new catch rules, crown of helmet, defenseless receivers) it seems many other things have fallen by the wayside.

as much as i dislike sea i'm going to be pulling for them over sf. hairball's in-game antics and post-game comments (about GBP in particular) have me disliking that team over anyone else right now...even det, chi, and min.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so what is the reason for the seahawks secondary being so good? they cheat

at least according to Mike Pereira and Kevin Gilbride

and no its not just the PED thing

they commit pass interference on almost every pass according to those two. they do it because they no the refs don't want to slow down the game by calling PI on every single pass, instead they only got called 13 times all year, less then once a game

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...10500005285822

to me this is absolutely unacceptable. break the rules so much that they stop calling it? are you kidding me?

if this is true then the nfl has a lot of explaining to to. and i think it would be great if the refs come out this weekend and throw a flag on them every single time they actually commit a foul
    Does make sense, Red. When we played them last in Seattle, Chancellor and Sherman were grabbing, PUNCHING and doing all sorts of crap with NOTHING getting called. Yes, we had several games where we were doing our share (Niners game and Chicago game), but that was mild compared to the mugging Jones and Nelson got in that game.

The PI calls are still the most mistakenly called. Hasn't changed much since the days of Michael "velcro hands" Irvin and his constant push offs on DBs. He could've been called on every play, but the refs almost never called it.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    as much as i dislike sea i'm going to be pulling for them over sf. hairball's in-game antics and post-game comments (about GBP in particular) have me disliking that team over anyone else right now...even det, chi, and min.
    Harbone can get speared by a Seattle DB for all I care. I am avoiding watching that game. The between play jawjacking and antics are going to be worse than the Carolina-SF game.

I'll grudgingly cheer for SEA only because I can't stand Harbaugh.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!