Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TOP 25 FREE AGENTS

Blog Entries

TOP 25 FREE AGENTS

And look at Number 20...with the best fit....GREEN BAY PACKERS

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...medium=twitter
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I must admit as I was looking down the list....reading the best fit....I pondered if they would just elminate GB since we have forgotten the top 25 crew since they actually have to be pursued
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Whitner would be great. So would T.J. Ward (#17), who just might be looking to escape that nuthouse in Cleveland.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Whitner would be great. So would T.J. Ward (#17), who just might be looking to escape that nuthouse in Cleveland.
    Kinda like a mini-USFL draft. Or the Supplemental Draft when 'the U' gets put on probation in April.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

I'd take either of them in a GB uni over guys like Finley or Jones
    Of course we might need to make an effort during our annual Hibernation period and go make a deal happen.
    Perhaps Whitner might not be heavily pursued right off the bat and we could wait for the price to come down; not sure.
    With Ward I think some team who needs a solid starting safety will go close a deal

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Orakpo and Whitner...TT goes off in FA, shocks Packer Nation by nabbing both at 12:01.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Whitner is a probowler and could cost 7M or so and doesn't really give us the center fielder we need to free up Burnett. On top of that it doesn't seem like a TT move to take a big swing at a 5'10" defensive back. I like Chris Clemons in Miami a lot more as a better fit for a better price.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I wonder what happens with Byrd.

He played under the tag last year, and the Bills weren't able to sign him. Tagging him again would trigger the 120% clause and cost them about $8.5M. Not to mention he missed a good part of the season when he and the team disagreed about whether or not he was recovered from surgery.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Frankly, I'd be happy with any of the S on that list. Any of them would improve the situation back there by a good margin.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't know if this holds any water, but here's a report from a Saints fan.

Roman Harper is one of the worst safeties in the league right now. I appreciate all he’s done and at one point he was very good at what he does, but honestly he should have been gone two years ago. In the saints-niners divisional round, vernon davis caught the game winning touchdown right in front of roman. If he wasn’t slow as dirt he could have picked that ball maybe we have another Lombardi. Watch every big play against us these last two years and I can almost guarantee that all you’ll see is a number 41 jersey getting left behind in the dust. This upcoming draft is gonna be huge for us and hopefully the graham deal doesnt bleed us dry so we can get some FAs

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I don't know if this holds any water, but here's a report from a Saints fan.

Roman Harper is one of the worst safeties in the league right now. I appreciate all he’s done and at one point he was very good at what he does, but honestly he should have been gone two years ago. In the saints-niners divisional round, vernon davis caught the game winning touchdown right in front of roman. If he wasn’t slow as dirt he could have picked that ball maybe we have another Lombardi. Watch every big play against us these last two years and I can almost guarantee that all you’ll see is a number 41 jersey getting left behind in the dust. This upcoming draft is gonna be huge for us and hopefully the graham deal doesnt bleed us dry so we can get some FAs
    news for that fan: the Graham deal is going to bleed you dry. That and Brees cap number the year after ($23M?) that is going to force a renegotiation.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I don't know if this holds any water, but here's a report from a Packers fan.

__________ is one of the worst safeties in the league right now. Honestly he should have been gone two years ago. In the Packers- _____ playoff round, _____ ____ caught the game winning touchdown right in front of ________. If he wasn’t slow as dirt he could have picked that ball maybe we have another Lombardi. Watch every big play against us these last two years and I can almost guarantee that all you’ll see is a number __ jersey getting left behind in the dust. This upcoming draft is gonna be huge for us and hopefully the Raji/Shields/Jones deal doesnt bleed us dry so we can get some FAs

There. Now you can plug in the name of any Packer safety over the past two years, and - wala! - you've got the script.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    There. Now you can plug in the name of any Packer safety over the past two years, and - wala! - you've got the script.
    Well done on the Mad Lib-izing, good sir!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

FWIW -

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    From Total Access: I’m told #Packers plan to spend money on outside free agents this year with nearly $30M in cap space. Could most in years

What is #Packers plan? They want to re-make their D in Dom Capers’ image, going more athletic & versatile up front. May mean goodbye to Raji

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
    Don’t be surprised if #Packers DLs now weigh closer to 290 than the 330 that Ryan Pickett & BJ Raji weigh. Will get much faster, too

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
    Yes. Packers DLs will likely more resemble Datone Jones RT @sorenson11: @RapSheet like Datone's weight?

Forget about Whitner with all the big hit penalties he brings, draft Ed Reynolds from Stanford.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    FWIW -

From Total Access: I’m told #Packers plan to spend money on outside free agents this year with nearly $30M in cap space. Could most in years

What is #Packers plan? They want to re-make their D in Dom Capers’ image, going more athletic & versatile up front. May mean goodbye to Raji

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
    Don’t be surprised if #Packers DLs now weigh closer to 290 than the 330 that Ryan Pickett & BJ Raji weigh. Will get much faster, too

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
    Yes. Packers DLs will likely more resemble Datone Jones RT @sorenson11: @RapSheet like Datone's weight?
    Was coming here to post this Striker. I think it needs it own thread and you should get lead.

Packers want to get after the QB up front. That’s a huge focus. RT @WilliamJanssen6: @RapSheet Good News Ian! #PackersForLife

Guys, lol... we're talking about TT here. The odds that he cracks open the checkbook for anyone he didn't draft are remote.

We're going to sign a dumpster full of street FA's, and move down in the draft to get more picks... I seriously doubt TT will change his approach. Talk of FA's is akin to ginning up the rabble at the tavern b/c everyone is bored.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Guys, lol... we're talking about TT here. The odds that he cracks open the checkbook for anyone he didn't draft are remote.

We're going to sign a dumpster full of street FA's, and move down in the draft to get more picks... I seriously doubt TT will change his approach. Talk of FA's is akin to ginning up the rabble at the tavern b/c everyone is bored.

With the exception of one year, the ray of hope turns into disappointment; that is free agency as a Packer Fan