Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
I think we should pick a date to start and list the prices of Apple as compared to a few of my faves in the high growth tech dept....say....YELP, WDAY, FB, and AAPL ?

Logistically AAPL is WAY cheaper than these.....but it'd still be fun to track months down the road.
You could pick any number of high growth stocks and do better maybe. That's not what it's about. When it doubles a year or so from now, I will be more than happy with my 2x returns and next to no risk. Think of me as a Warren Buffett type. I don't gamble, I take calculated risks.

Yours is a crap shoot. Those companies are not fundamentally sound. Most are houses of cards, if you will. While I think fundamentals mean jack shit on the 6 month timeline, they matter a lot of the 1-2 year timeline.

The fact that Google is valued at more than AAPL now is just crazy. Look at cash flow. Google will be worth more in 10 years but they aren't even close to in the same ball park today.

My gut feeling is this: Apple is aggressively buying back shares right now way ahead of schedule because they know the price is going to go up - way up.

My big bold prediction is this: IF they win the glucose-through-skin race (it's a crap shoot at this point, but I guarantee they are paying more money to get it then just about anybody) AND they are still valued at a chump change PE (say... 6-9), they will start the process of taking the company private in 2-3 years. That's right. The world's richest company is so rich they will be able to begin the process of buying themselves shortly. Obviously they won't have 450B in cash but they will have 250-300B.