Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: This man can hit ! LB Vontaze Burfict...The Meanest Man in College.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Yes he can.

People don't get a free pass for their crappy behavior just because they're mentally ill Woody.
    OK SC your off IGNORE.....imagine I'm posting your from 'the Meadow'. I must address your slander...your sicko abusive manners.

I've an issue with your sick ways. Any inference from you that I suffer a mentle illness is over the top out of line. Without a detraction of your nonsence .... you suffer your own fall.

RE: your sick obsessions and disregard for common decency ...youir slander RE: me and mentle illness. BIG ERROR Scott.

I am not mentally ill. I expect an apoligy.

Secondly:

Your Avatar....

You can take your indignance and shove it ...... From observing your avatar. It obvious to me that at least you won't dirty your elbow.

I've suspected that you have a secret man love for Brett Favre but never has it become so obvious to me. I know it was tough to lose him Scott but like Brett Favre and any mature and competent folk. We get on with our best efforts at living decently. We move beyond nonsence and obsession.

Sometimes I actually wonder if your not maybe well...30% of the way there Scott. Then I come back to earth.

When it comes to 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap' you exceed all head shaking assessments of any other here at Packerrats. Actually Scott Campbell ... in my lifetime your certainly one of the lowest people I've ever had to try to deal with........ That's NOT a compliment.

Again your Avatar Scott. Maybe I'm mistaken?? That avatar certainly had me scrathin' my head. My initial reaction to it and you Scott Campbell:

I hadn't realized that Brett Favre had gone so diverse with his line of merchandise and goods. Good for Brett Favre and Deanna. There are so many ways to ensure your future.

THANKS for advertising for him Scott. Favre would certainly appreciate you for that.

Sometimes you almost get it Scott.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-20-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

I am not mentally ill. I expect an apoligy.

I expect a second opinion. From a sane person.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I expect a second opinion. From a sane person.
    He's not crazy, just an internet caricature of a sane person.

Undrafted.

Signed as an UDFA by the Bengals.

Ah, the Bungals. How long before he's sexing up Sarah Jones?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    No doubt he'll be in a camp. But what a fall, unthinkable to go from probable first rounder to possible UDFA!
    This happens more often than you think. At around this time last year, there were first round projections by the media for four prospects who ended up being undrafted: Donte Paige-Moss, Vontaze Burfict, Jeff Fuller, and Cliff Harris.

This is purely a media creation, since you see a guy make splash plays the year before they're eligible and you assume this is him "finally coming on" and ESPN thinks you're going to get drafted in the first on upside (and to be fair, this does happen sometimes: c.f. Aaron Maybin). But NFL teams aren't going to take guys with suspect character and athleticism that high, ever.
    Last edited by Lurker64; 05-02-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    This happens more often than you think. At around this time last year, there were first round projections by the media for four prospects who ended up being undrafted for four prospects: Donte Paige-Moss, Vontaze Burfict, Jeff Fuller, and Cliff Harris.

This is purely a media creation, since you see a guy make splash plays the year before they're eligible and you assume this is him "finally coming on" and ESPN thinks you're going to get drafted in the first on upside (and to be fair, this does happen sometimes: c.f. Aaron Maybin). But NFL teams aren't going to take guys with suspect character and athleticism high, ever.

Yup and in terms of Vontaze Burfict the accusations of him using a baned substance what...within a week of the DRAFT.

It's never smart to try to deal with anyone that's plainly stupid.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's never smart to try to deal with anyone that's plainly stupid.
    hard to argue with ya on this one yogi.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...s|text|Bengals

Bengals' rookie minicamp wraps up.

5:13 PM, May. 13, 2012

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis on Vontaze burfict's performance in the Bengals Mini-TC:

“There were a couple of other guys that did well. We can't fit everybody in. We might fit a couple in now and look for a couple of other spots later and see what happens,” Lewis said.

Lewis was also pleased with how linebacker Vontaze Burfict did over the weekend, especially in his consistency on plays and what he displayed on special teams.

Said Lewis: “He's in great football position. Those are things that, if you watch the tape of him you see him do it two or three times a game. Now you're seeing him do it three plays in a row. That's the key. He'll be fine.”
    Fr. LINK

GO PACK GO !

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...PT02/305110126

Burfict leaves past behind, seeks opportunity

2:22 AM, May. 12, 2012

"The former Arizona State standout is lining up at middle linebacker this weekend, which is where the Bengals will keep him once the full-squad OTA practices begin on May 22.....

...... Arriving here closes the chapter on a tumultuous year for Burfict, who experienced a Lehman Brothers-type plummet. Thought to be one of the top linebacker prospects going into his junior season, Burfict went from a projected early round pick to undrafted.......

...... Burfict said he was more mature compared to this time a year ago and ready to take care of his responsibilities. During nearly 10 minutes with the media following Friday’s morning practice, Burfict politely answered questions and didn’t shy away from anything." Fr. LINK

PACKERS !

Blog Entries
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...PT02/305110126

Burfict leaves past behind, seeks opportunity

2:22 AM, May. 12, 2012

"The former Arizona State standout is lining up at middle linebacker this weekend, which is where the Bengals will keep him once the full-squad OTA practices begin on May 22.....

...... Arriving here closes the chapter on a tumultuous year for Burfict, who experienced a Lehman Brothers-type plummet. Thought to be one of the top linebacker prospects going into his junior season, Burfict went from a projected early round pick to undrafted.......

...... Burfict said he was more mature compared to this time a year ago and ready to take care of his responsibilities. During nearly 10 minutes with the media following Friday’s morning practice, Burfict politely answered questions and didn’t shy away from anything." Fr. LINK

PACKERS !
    There is some scuttlebutt around town about this kid. Evidently, he fell victim to one of the oldest tricks in the book. He believed his own press clippings. He went into last season out of shape and a little heavy. Then he didn't get in shape for the combine.

Slow 40 time, a little heavy means you ain't a #1 pick like some projected, it meant he didn't even get drafted. He's real green and has learned a big lesson, maybe.

I'll give a full report after the Pack plays the bungals August 23. It's a Thursday nite game, just 7 miles from my house. That's so convenient for me, why don't they do that more often?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    There is some scuttlebutt around town about this kid. Evidently, he fell victim to one of the oldest tricks in the book. He believed his own press clippings. He went into last season out of shape and a little heavy. Then he didn't get in shape for the combine.

Slow 40 time, a little heavy means you ain't a #1 pick like some projected, it meant he didn't even get drafted. He's real green and has learned a big lesson, maybe.

I'll give a full report after the Pack plays the bungals August 23. It's a Thursday nite game, just 7 miles from my house. That's so convenient for me, why don't they do that more often?
    Thanks KY. I'm pulling for this young man. I also wouldn't lay down a big bet on him making the Bengals roster in 2013. He has to really want an NFL career and to be a positive influence as a team player. He'll have to have a mentor and live a decent disciplined life off the field.

I'm also interested in this Detroit LIONS draft pic:

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...3-10a282625c46

Ronnell Lewis. I didn't enjoy seeing him drafted by a division rival. I'm concerned he'll be a terror for 'the Lions' on ST's play.

GO PACKERS !

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...inicamp/page/8

Cincinnati Bengals: Vontaze Burfict Making a Name for Himself

''Apparently the rookie linebacker has impressed the Cincinnati Bengals so much that he isn't even on the roster fringe at this point.

There wasn't ever any question about the talent and physical ability that Burfict possesses. Rather, his slide down the draft and completely out of it was due to off-field issues and character concerns.

If the Arizona State product can continue to progress, there is no reason to believe that he cannot become a starter in the National Football League. He needs to become more aware of the nuances of the defense and play much more contained football in order for that to become a reality.''

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

I think the real kiss of death for Burfict as far as his draft stock goes was the "Endorsement" that his college coaches gave him. Mayock cited an unnamed ASU assistant as saying "he sucks the life out of your football team" and if media members can get that sort of report, I'm sure outgoing Sun Devils coach Dennis Erickson was happy to say some unkind things about Burfict.

Sometimes you can have a lot of talent, but you won't make it because you're a pain in the butt and your coaches don't like you. Who was that kid, Meredith, that the Packers drafted in the fifth who had a "second round grade" and ended up getting cut awful quick because he was a pain in the butt?
    </delurk>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    I think the real kiss of death for Burfict as far as his draft stock goes was the "Endorsement" that his college coaches gave him. Mayock cited an unnamed ASU assistant as saying "he sucks the life out of your football team" and if media members can get that sort of report, I'm sure outgoing Sun Devils coach Dennis Erickson was happy to say some unkind things about Burfict.

Sometimes you can have a lot of talent, but you won't make it because you're a pain in the butt and your coaches don't like you. Who was that kid, Meredith, that the Packers drafted in the fifth who had a "second round grade" and ended up getting cut awful quick because he was a pain in the butt?
    I'd think so, too, Lurk.

All the pro Scouts have back door access to the college coaches and a negative rating from the college guys leads to a college player dropping like a lead balloon on draft day. As far as Burfict, he is getting rave reviews in early camp. ASU coaches aside, Burfict has kept his mouth shut and played his ass off, so it's obvious he knew he had to work on buttoning his big yap. As far as the Bengal lb's lb's helping him? I doubt it. This kid is going after some jobs. All the vets say they are working with the kids. In the papers. On the field, more than one rook has discovered that an old vet is spooning him mis-information just to screw the kid up. Most of 'em figure this out about a week too late.

Meredith made it through most of camp, then was signed to the practice squad. He left GB for a promise of a roster spot in Buffalo. If he was giving the coaches trouble in camp, it wasn't in the coverage I remember.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Meredith made it through most of camp, then was signed to the practice squad. He left GB for a promise of a roster spot in Buffalo. If he was giving the coaches trouble in camp, it wasn't in the coverage I remember.
    Well, I think "Meredith is a pain in the ass" is the reason that a guy who media scouts had as a second round talent was available in the fifth round. It's possible that was also the reason that he was put on the PS instead of getting a roster spot (though I hope not.)
    </delurk>

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Cool article on this guy and it reminded me about this thread. A lot of us didn't want any part of this guy and I was in that group too. He's turning out to be a pretty good player. So I'll eat some crow on this.

Burfict says "Screw you PackerRats, I'm a stud!"
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's why Thompson - and the Ravens scout - are correct when they say most of us, including the so-called experts like Mike MayCock or SMell Pipejob, don't know a damn thing about how players are actually assessed.
    LOL. Who is SMell Pipejob? I assume Mel Kiper...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/

With Vontaze Burfict done, Bengals feel leadership void

December, 9, 2014 5:40 PM ET

By: Coley Harvey | ESPN.com