Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 19m
    Colts look like favorites to land Arthur Jones http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qMN
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes. In the Lovie Tampa 2, you generally spend modest money on your CBs.
    Agreed, but like I said, seems like a heck of a resource to throw away. If that contract isn't overspending, they should at least be able to recover that first round pick they gave up because there would be more than one team interested, meaning they can't be guaranteed to get him in FA. This tends to make me think teams are looking at that and saying "nope, too much".
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

if were not players in the free agent frenzy today for a safety, watch for the eagle, bears, browns, lions, titans, steelers, cowboys and rams do in the next couple of days

these are the teams drafting ahead of us with safety needs. obviously, if they sign a free agent safety, then they won't have to draft one high

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Agreed, but like I said, seems like a heck of a resource to throw away. If that contract isn't overspending, they should at least be able to recover that first round pick they gave up because there would be more than one team interested, meaning they can't be guaranteed to get him in FA. This tends to make me think teams are looking at that and saying "nope, too much".
    whos gonna trade for a guy due to make 16 million this year, when every report out there says if he's not traded by tomorrow he'll be flat out released?

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I don't get this at all. They gambled on him, giving up a first and fourth in hopes that he's come all the way back from his ACL tear. He did, the fourth turns into a 3rd and they are considering just dumping him now? Seems like they're throwing away a pretty valuable resource there. Maybe the market considers $16m just too high for a CB?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...revis-contract

Breaking down Darrelle Revis' contract

April, 24, 2013 4/24/13

10:22 AM ET ... By: Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

$16 Million$ is a lot of money to pay a CB.

We're surprized at the amount of money the Packers paid to retain Sam Shields (a 4 yr. $39 Million$ contract).

Sam Shields is getting second best CB money to Darrelle Revis's top QB money ($16 . The spread between the Shields contract and Revis's is huge.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if were not players in the free agent frenzy today for a safety, watch for the eagle, bears, browns, lions, titans, steelers, cowboys and rams do in the next couple of days

these are the teams drafting ahead of us with safety needs. obviously, if they sign a free agent safety, then they won't have to draft one high
    Scuttlebutt around here is that the Eagles might be players for Ward or Byrd. Byrd to reunite with college coach? Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...revis-contract

We're surprized at the amount of money the Packers paid to retain Sam Shields (a 4 yr. $39 Million$ contract).

Sam Shields is getting second best CB money to Darrelle Revis's top QB money ($16 . The spread between the Shields contract and Revis's is huge.
    Not sure what numbers you re looking at Woodbuck, but Shields is not the second highest paid CB even if you compare to last year. The Franchise Tag for CBs is around $12 mil per year and that covers the average of the top 5 or 10, don't remember, contracts in the League from the previous year.

Shields is getting $9.75 mil per year starting this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 17m
    When the Michael Johnson signing with the Bucs becomes official, I hear the deal will average $8.5M/year with around $24M guaranteed

Not sure what numbers you re looking at Woodbuck, but Shields is not the second highest paid CB even if you compare to last year. The Franchise Tag for CBs is around $12 mil per year and that covers the average of the top 5 or 10, don't remember, contracts in the League from the previous year.

average salary per season

with that 9.75 per year, he is tied for 3rd highest per year money. number 1 is revis, who could get cut any minute now

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/...back/limit-25/

so yes, technically sam could be tied for second highest paid cb in the nfl, after revis gets cut and before the other free agent cb sign, and if those other cb's get more money

we made shields the 3rd highest paid cb in the NFL, soon to be second
    Last edited by red; 03-11-2014 at 10:27 AM.

It was here that I read that pbmax:

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...e-fixes-needed

" Shields did not come cheap. Over the first three years of the contract, he is expected to make $30 million (including $15 million this season). Among cornerbacks currently under contract for 2014, Shields would be the second-highest paid at his position behind only Darrelle Revis ($16 million) of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5213/alex-mack

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens could "make a play" for free agent Center Alex Mack

Note:

Alex Mack was slapped with the seldom used transition tag by the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...tch-all-offers

Alex Mack's agent: Browns can't match all offers

By: Kevin Patra ... Around the League writer

March 11, 2014 at 08:39 AM - Updated: March 11, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-11-2014 at 11:21 AM.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...houston-texans

TE Owen Daniels reportedly released by Houston Texans

By:
    Gregg Rosenthal ... Around The League Editor

Published: March 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM ... Updated: March 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It was here that I read that pbmax:

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...e-fixes-needed

" Shields did not come cheap. Over the first three years of the contract, he is expected to make $30 million (including $15 million this season). Among cornerbacks currently under contract for 2014, Shields would be the second-highest paid at his position behind only Darrelle Revis ($16 million) of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."
    More on this, now the Browns are reputed to be talking to Tampa looking to acquire him! It's always been said that Revis just loves his money, this could be his only chance at collecting the $16m, so if this deal goes through I guess we'll know for sure.

The Browns are also reported to be looking at Schaub. Can you imagine Revis and Haden in practice against him? After the 10th consecutive INT, you'd hear "Come on guys, stop it already, the receivers need to practice catching a few balls...."
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Yeah, saw Owen Daniels released, and I started to think hmmmmm...until I realized he's 31, coming off an injury, and averages about 4rec/40yds a game. At 6-3 250 he's not big or a bruising blocker either.
    They can probably get that from a lot of guys.

Sounds like Dansby is heading to Cleveland.

The Browns are reportedly poised to use free agency to bolster their linebacking corps.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports that he’s “hearing” the Browns and Cardinals free agent linebacker Karlos Dansby have the workings of a four-year, $24 million deal, with $14 million guaranteed.

Multiple reports have the Browns as a serious suitor for Dansby, with NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reporting that Cleveland had become the top candidate to land the 32-year-old linebacker, who projects inside in the Browns’ 3-4 scheme.

Dansby filled up the stat sheet for Arizona in 2013, notching 122 tackles, defending 19 passes, recording 6.5 sacks and intercepting four passes. He returned a pair of picks for scores.

Dansby checks in at No. 23 on PFT’s Free Agent Hot 100. He is the top-ranked inside linebacker in free agency. If the deal with the Browns is finalized — and it cannot even be officially offered until 4 p.m. Eastern — he will be counted upon to replace the production of the departed D’Qwell Jackson, who signed with Indianapolis last week after being released.

The Dansby deal makes me annoyed we are not signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    average salary per season

with that 9.75 per year, he is tied for 3rd highest per year money. number 1 is revis, who could get cut any minute now

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/...back/limit-25/

so yes, technically sam could be tied for second highest paid cb in the nfl, after revis gets cut and before the other free agent cb sign, and if those other cb's get more money

we made shields the 3rd highest paid cb in the NFL, soon to be second
    I suspect someone with a higher number was cut/released or had an expiring contract because two guys at 9.75 mpy and others at 8 mpy, even with Revis, don't give an $11 million franchise tag. Icould be wrong, but that chart doesn't let you go back to 2013 to look.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 31m
    Have confirmed the #Packers have tendered LB Jamari Lattimore at $1.431 M. I think they were convinced they might lose him if they'didn't.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 20m
    #Packers are not players in the bidding for #Ravens DE Arthur Jones. They had interest, but the price is going to be very high.

"#Packers are not players in the bidding for____________"

Just fill in with any players name all through free agency, why get out hopes up. I'm sure Ted the wonderful will fix everything through the draft.