Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tonight 7 central- Iowa VS Ohio S

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    We got the Jug back! GO BLUE!!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Should be interesting to see which team gets closer to the win; Iowa or Green Bay.

HEY 007,

Nice Final Score; that was my prediction for the Packer Game.

Guess I had em mixed up.

Or they'll both lose 38-17.

Cheers,
    B

Bite me B!! ..........you anti Iowa, anti Packer person
    007, if you ever need tools and are near dubuque, i'm your guy! Same goes for anyone near dubuque!
    tools? what are you talking about? I'm about an hour out. Been to Plattville though.
    I have been workin' at the Sears in that mall in Dubuque. If any of you guys are in the area, stop into the home improvement area and ask for me!

I have been workin' at the Sears in that mall in Dubuque. If any of you guys are in the area, stop into the home improvement area and ask for me!
    I've been there. Isn't it JFK mall or something like that? Gambled at their boat a time or two...ever stop there? Had some luck at the black jack table.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I can just hear Frank Sinatra belting it out:

"It's my kind of town, Dubuque...."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    I've gambled on the boat in Dubuque a few times, but I don't remember any big wins. Kills me that I can't recall the name of the place right now ...

I used to ride through there on my way to Cedar Rapids, where I went to college. It was and still is a beautiful drive through SE Wisconsin on Hwy 151. Now they have bypassed all the little towns ... Mineral Point, Belmont, Platteville, and my favorite ... Dickeyville. It's faster now, but a little more boring.

? HOFer

I've been there. Isn't it JFK mall or something like that? Gambled at their boat a time or two...ever stop there? Had some luck at the black jack table.
    Yep, JFK mall. I just turned 21 so I haven't been to the boats yet, but it looks like a good time!!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
    I've gambled on the boat in Dubuque a few times, but I don't remember any big wins. Kills me that I can't recall the name of the place right now ...

I used to ride through there on my way to Cedar Rapids, where I went to college. It was and still is a beautiful drive through SE Wisconsin on Hwy 151. Now they have bypassed all the little towns ... Mineral Point, Belmont, Platteville, and my favorite ... Dickeyville. It's faster now, but a little more boring.
    Another great place to drive through in the fall is McGregor. We've gone there and went hiking at Pike's Peak State Park ....beautiful scenery.

? HOFer

Another great place to drive through in the fall is McGregor. We've gone there and went hiking at Pike's Peak State Park ....beautiful scenery.
    I believe business 151 still goes through all the little towns outside of madison. I took it my first time going to Platteville I believe because there was construction on 151.

I believe it. I haven't been there, though. I've been to Marquette a couple of times. Won some money on the Miss Marquette first time I was there. Then they changed the name of the boat and I have done squat since. It's the fault of the name change ... not the fact that the odds are against me in the first place!

And by the way, I remembered the name of the boat in Dubuque ... Diamond Jo.

Blog Entries
    Just got out of the Hot Tub and am welcomed back with Anti-Iowa and Anti-Packer.

Well I still love the Pack........but Iowa sucks.

Whenever I see somebody calling me Anti anything I think of good old Tex; after he got banned on JS I wonder where the ol guy went off to.

Cheers,
    B

Whenever I see somebody calling me Anti anything I think of good old Tex; after he got banned on JS I wonder where the ol guy went off to.

Cheers,
    B
    That's what I had in mind when I posted that but I didn't want to go on with all the other name calling.

So what do you have against the Hawkeyes, B? Getting a lil worried about that game in Nov ??? LOL

I cheered for the Hawkeyes when I lived in IA. Iowa City is a good time.

Iowa City is a good time.
    Yep!

Blog Entries

Cheers,
    B
    That's what I had in mind when I posted that but I didn't want to go on with all the other name calling.

So what do you have against the Hawkeyes, B? Getting a lil worried about that game in Nov ??? LOL
    What game ? I don't remember seeing a quality team on the schedule in November ? Oh yeah, we do play Penn State and Buffalo.