Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1314

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...l-sanders-deal

While shopping the Chiefs offer to the Bucs, Weinberg never explained that he had already accepted the terms of Kansas City's offer. Later in the night, Sanders' agent had agreed to terms with the Broncos, which is where he is currently headed. Sanders and Weinberg also rankled the 49ers by agreeing to visit, then blowing it off.
    Actually, given the players age and the fact that someone other than themselves is doing the negotiating, I am stunned this kind of thing doesn't happen more often. Unlike the diverted money deal he was sanctioned for, its hard for teams to stop.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Probably depends on what the relationship is with the player and his agent. I can see it being done two ways:

"This is what we will give you. If you can't do better some where else, come back and sign here."
    "Go see what the FA market is for you, then come back and lets try to work it out for you to stay here."

They did this with Jones the last time, and it worked out for him to come back to GB. No reason it can't be the same this year.
    I also suspect Jones contract offer, should there be one, was dependent on a couple of other things happening (or not happening).

Florio swipes back a bit at the anonymous complaining http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-negotiations/
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-16-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Price Match Guarantee

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price, your original receipt and we’ll match the price at the Guest Service Desk.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 40m
    CB Walter Thurmond's 1-year deal with the Giants is worth $3.5M.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
    They want him badly. But it depends on $$, security, etc RT @GMEN10: @RapSheet Good chance Giants can get DRC?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I also suspect Jones contract offer, should there be one, was dependent on a couple of other things happening (or not happening).

Florio swipes back a bit at the anonymous complaining http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-negotiations/
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 59s
    On Sanders RT @adbrandt: Frustrating. Can tell agent "We'll never do business again" reality is if he's got good players, unrealistic to say

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 59s
    On Sanders RT @adbrandt: Frustrating. Can tell agent "We'll never do business again" reality is if he's got good players, unrealistic to say
    noooooo

according to some of you, agents are honest people, and never do anything shady like this, or telling team B that team A has already offered his client a 6 year 56 million dollar deal with 26 million guaranteed, when its really just a 2 year 17 million dollar deal with just 11.5 actually guaranteed

people said that if they did ever do anything like this, the agent wouldn't be able to work again, but here's an nfl insided saying the same thing i said. if he represents the talent, teams will deal with him, no matter how much of a backstabbing asshole he is

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    noooooo

according to some of you, agents are honest people, and never do anything shady like this, or telling team B that team A has already offered his client a 6 year 56 million dollar deal with 26 million guaranteed, when its really just a 2 year 17 million dollar deal with just 11.5 actually guaranteed

people said that if they did ever do anything like this, the agent wouldn't be able to work again, but here's an nfl insided saying the same thing i said. if he represents the talent, teams will deal with him, no matter how much of a backstabbing asshole he is
    No, some of us objected to your contention that TT and Russ Ball would get snookered by some big city agent making one kind of guaranteed money sound like it was fully guaranteed money. My contention was that an agent cannot last long misrepresenting the actual numbers in a contract to multiple teams. They know full well how much Tim Jennings deal was fully guaranteed and how much was for injury only, for instance.

This guy was shopping one offer to other teams, which is another matter. A pretty routine matter, I would estimate.

I will say this, if a team DID misunderstand the details or fail to do due diligence, the story might never make it to the papers.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-16-2014 at 11:45 AM.

anyone watch the saints at all to know if they're center is any good?

Brian De La Puente. rotoworld has him listed as the best center still available (2nd best overall)

I'm going to be interested in how the Steve Smith signing works out for him and the Broncos. He's saying all the right things, and based on his history I think he's being sincere. His latest comments show that he, like Boldin before him, is willing to accept the role that comes his way and take it all gracefully.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...avens-offense/

I think if his skills don't drop off, he'll have seasons yet to play in this league because he won't let his ego get in the way of dropping down the depth chart, like a Moss or Owens.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I'm going to be interested in how the Steve Smith signing works out for him and the Broncos. He's saying all the right things, and based on his history I think he's being sincere. His latest comments show that he, like Boldin before him, is willing to accept the role that comes his way and take it all gracefully.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...avens-offense/

I think if his skills don't drop off, he'll have seasons yet to play in this league because he won't let his ego get in the way of dropping down the depth chart, like a Moss or Owens.
    Broncos or Ravens? Not sure its going to work out well for the Broncos unless he DOES go Moss or TO.

Broncos or Ravens? Not sure its going to work out well for the Broncos unless he DOES go Moss or TO.
    nag nag nag...

and all I can do it whine because it's too late to change it
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    noooooo

This guy is an example of a scumbag.

Quote on

Weinberg, a Dallas-based agent, recently was reinstated by the NFL Players Association, which had barred and decertified him in 2003 because it had reportedly found he diverted assets to an offshore account during a dispute with a partner and collected a fee from a client prematurely. Weinberg later filed suit against the NFLPA and its top officials, alleging they illegally took away his certification for eight years, along with past, present and future income of clients.

Weinberg has two clients currently on NFL teams, not including Sanders. He had 42 before he was barred.

While Weinberg broke no laws in accepting a deal, the entire situation infuriated those he dealt with. It is commonly accepted in the league that once two sides agree to a deal -- in writing or in handshake form -- that's the end of the story. Instead, Weinberg's shopping the Chiefs deal and then not informing the Bucs that an agreement had been reached showed another side of the business. A Broncos source said the team had no knowledge of any prior agreements before it agreed to terms with Sanders.

"When a man gives you his words and pulls out," one executive said, "then gives another team your word and pulls out, then gives another team his word ... not proper."

Quote off

A great example of a slimy agent, but he's gone from 42 clients to 3. In time, he will probably be out of the loop.

Blog Entries

Brian De La Puente. rotoworld has him listed as the best center still available (2nd best overall)
    Asked my buddy who is a die hard Saints freak.

His description of De la Puente sounded like EDS.

Average to below average in run game.

Good in pass pro, but can get overpowered, good on the gun snap.

Average player with a little upside to him.

So let's sign him, right?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Only if he has a hamstring issue.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Get to the point and tell us what you mean.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Get to the point and tell us what you mean.
    he's available, nothing more

and ky answered my question as to whether he's even worth talking about

looks like the answer is , no, he's not

he's available, nothing more

and ky answered my question as to whether he's even worth talking about

looks like the answer is , no, he's not
    sorry my mistake. I was trying to make a joke. Puente is spanish for 'bridge' not 'point.' That was a total fail

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

So it seems your posting:

Forget De la Puente......sounds like some kind of Spanish dish.

I'll have the De la Puente with the fish. In fact it translates to "From the bridge".
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4242/james-jones

Free agent WR James Jones told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he wants to play for the Panthers.

"I would love the opportunity to play for the Carolina Panthers," said Jones, 30. "I would love to play with Cam (Newton)."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...gers-cromartie

The NY Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Jets coach Rex Ryan wants to sign free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie "badly."