Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1314

Thread: 2014 Free Agency Rumors and or Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Currently Cedar Falls.
    Cool. I spent most of my years in Clinton, north of the Quad Cities, and the rest in Ames and Des Moines.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    COCK

ASS

texans sign chris clemons, last legitimate free agent safety that TT had no intention of bringing in to help our shit safety play

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-safety-help/

DITTO YOUR SENTIMENTS
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Terrence Brooks>Chris Clemons.

Terrance Brooks AND Chris Clemons is greater than Terrance Brooks

I doubt he cost that much
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No. Do tell.
    Just another refernce to the money...and more today from msn

Jackson upset the Eagles when he lobbied for a new contact shortly after they were eliminated in the playoffs. His departure leaves the Eagles with Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin as the starting wide receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Terrance Brooks AND Chris Clemons is greater than Terrance Brooks

I doubt he cost that much
    well the texans asked daniel manning to take a pay cut earlier in the day. then they signed clemons. is easy to assume clemons has been signed to now replace manning

manning counted 4.5 million against the cap. its safe to assume clemons will cost less then that

Blog Entries
    well the texans asked daniel manning to take a pay cut earlier in the day. then they signed clemons. is easy to assume clemons has been signed to now replace manning

manning counted 4.5 million against the cap. its safe to assume clemons will cost less then that

My guess he falls into the 2=2.5MIL range. We've signed garbage for more than that

My guess he falls into the 2=2.5MIL range. We've signed garbage for more than that
    yup, on both counts

Packers free agent DE C.J. Wilson signed by The Raiders. Didn't see any terms of the deal released yet. I guess the signing of Guion helped seal the end of the CJ experiment. McKenzie picking up another ex-Packer.

COCK

ASS

texans sign chris clemons, last legitimate free agent safety that TT had no intention of bringing in to help our shit safety play

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I'm a little annoyed and will be moreso if the Texans got a favorable contract.
    Rest easy. If the Texans signed him, its the clearest indication outside of Wallbangers that he can no longer play in DB in the NFL. The Texans are where your secondary players go to die.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CJ Wilson's deal was three years. The total amount is probably around $3mil or less, I'd wader.

COCK

ASS

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I'm a little annoyed and will be moreso if the Texans got a favorable contract.
    Just another refernce to the money...and more today from msn

Jackson upset the Eagles when he lobbied for a new contact shortly after they were eliminated in the playoffs. His departure leaves the Eagles with Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin as the starting wide receivers.
    Found it: http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...o-his-contract

OK, you are off the crazy list. And this makes more sense than having a murder suspect on your record label as a reason to dump him. He also changed his agent, from Rosenhaus to Joel Segal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Do people think Micah Hyde can be a starting safety? I know there was a lot of sentiment on this board for the Packers to move him last year, but he's not getting much of a mention. I'm thinking Thompson doesn't reach at safety. If he can find value (e.g. safety is BPA), then he'll do it. Otherwise, I think they roll with Hyde. I was a proponent of the move when it was brought up during the season. Not necessarily during the year since I don't think he trained at safety much, but for this year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Yeah I think Hyde can play safety. He can run - enough. He can play the ball. He can come up into the box when needed to support the run. He can blitz. He can tackle. He can cover in the slot. The only thing we haven't seen him do is cover over the top. I'm thinking he can do what McMillan couldn't do and turn his hips to run with the deep route without falling on his ass. He's fluid. He's a player who has the ability to force the action and I think he'll be able to cover over the top by keeping people in front and getting up and after the ball when it comes his way. I also think Richardson has a chance at safety. Plus there's a good possibility of upgrading the position through the draft.

My concern with the defensive backfield is if/when Tramon or Shields get hurt. I don't have a lot of faith in House after seeing his sometimes lackadaisical effort both in coverage and supporting the run last year. With Hyde at safety and Hayward in the slot (who I don't think are outside corners anyway), the Packers are razor thin behind Williams and Shields on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Do people think Micah Hyde can be a starting safety? I know there was a lot of sentiment on this board for the Packers to move him last year, but he's not getting much of a mention. I'm thinking Thompson doesn't reach at safety. If he can find value (e.g. safety is BPA), then he'll do it. Otherwise, I think they roll with Hyde. I was a proponent of the move when it was brought up during the season. Not necessarily during the year since I don't think he trained at safety much, but for this year.
    I think it's a bad idea to roll the dice like that. Shoulda signed JByrd. It's not like he would cost them anymore than they'd be paying Nick da pick right now if he was healthy. Both would be the top 2 paid safeties. I don't buy into "home town" discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Yeah I think Hyde can play safety. He can run - enough. He can play the ball. He can come up into the box when needed to support the run. He can blitz. He can tackle. He can cover in the slot. The only thing we haven't seen him do is cover over the top. I'm thinking he can do what McMillan couldn't do and turn his hips to run with the deep route without falling on his ass. He's fluid. He's a player who has the ability to force the action and I think he'll be able to cover over the top by keeping people in front and getting up and after the ball when it comes his way. I also think Richardson has a chance at safety. Plus there's a good possibility of upgrading the position through the draft.

My concern with the defensive backfield is if/when Tramon or Shields get hurt. I don't have a lot of faith in House after seeing his sometimes lackadaisical effort both in coverage and supporting the run last year. With Hyde at safety and Hayward in the slot (who I don't think are outside corners anyway), the Packers are razor thin behind Williams and Shields on the outside.
    Welcome back Vince!

I wish we knew which House we're going to get. The House of brick or the House of cards.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Thanks Joe. Excuse me for stereotyping but House plays too often at noon like he's coming down from his morning high. Not encouraging to me. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go Cleditus on us this year. Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Tramontana-Shields-Hayward(hammy)-House-Bush plus Jumal Rolle, James Nixon and Antonio Dennard is not exactly stacked unless Hayward is healthy AND House plays well. Hyde, as M3 seemed to indicate, seems ticketed for only limited snaps at safety.

And I don't assume Hyde can play safety. We speculate about this all the time and fondly remember Butler doing it, but more have failed trying to make this switch than have succeeded. McCarthy said the plan for him to play all 3 downs and one of the roles could be safety. They called Bulaga to tell him he was playing RT. This doesn't sound like a position change to me.

As for House, he needs to start, or at least play regularly before we'll know if all the variability in his play is technique/talent or just rust at this point. His play versus the 49ers wasn't terrible, he didn't blow any coverages I remember and generally was able to stay with Crabtree, but he made no plays on the ball. And that was what he used to do well. Problem is if Hayward is healthy, he isn't going to get regular snaps. And it will be at least one year before Williams is gone.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^ Packers need a corner in the draft.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tramontana-Shields-Hayward(hammy)-House-Bush plus Jumal Rolle, James Nixon and Antonio Dennard is not exactly stacked unless Hayward is healthy AND House plays well. Hyde, as M3 seemed to indicate, seems ticketed for only limited snaps at safety.
    If Hyde is only ticketed for limited snaps as Safety, how does that work with MM's statement that Hyde needs to be an every down player if Hayward is healthy?

"I got to a point in the season where Micah was standing on the sidelines too much. He's a good football player and I thought he deserved the opportunity to compete to play.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ^ Packers need a corner in the draft.
    another CB, won't help fix the secondary, we already have a lot of talent there. until we fix the safety play by finding 1 or 2 new starting safeties, the secondary is still going to give up massive amounts of yards

HOWEVER

tramon is in the last year of his contract, and hayward might not come back from his injury, and hyde might be shoved into the safety role which he may or may not be able to make work. so i can see cb as a need in the draft