View Poll Results: Is CHRIS BORLAND THE REAL DEAL ? Is he worthy of a top draft pick...or is he overrated ??

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Borland is going to be a solid NFL starter and is worthy of a round 2 or 3 draft pick

10 40.00%
  • Borlans is overrated in here. He's just not talented enough...botom line

13 52.00%
  • I don't have the stones to post my opinion

2 8.00%

Thread: CHRIS BORLAND.....A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OPINIONS ON HIM AS AN NFL PROSPECT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Didn't Borland have a lot of issues with a surgery early in his career that didn't respond as well as expected and shortened a season? Arm or shoulder or something?
    OK all you Badger homers, no one stepped up to the plate to address the issue of Borland's injury history, so I researched it myself. While he might not have Hodge-like bad knees, he apparently had an off-season surgery on his shoulder after his freshman year, played one game in which he re-injured it, missed the second game and played six plays in the third before shutting down for the season and a second surgery in a red-shirt sophomore season. Since then he has missed a couple more games with a hamstring injury.

So, he is a short in height, exceedingly short-armed, some what slow, average athlete who hits big with a shoulder that has been operated on twice already. He essentially missed one full season because of a shoulder, plus at least a couple games in another season due to a hamstring injury.

Isn't that the kind of player most of you want TT to stay away from?
    Last edited by Patler; 04-25-2014 at 01:13 PM.