Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Richard Rodgers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Really? You replying to yourself now in quotes?
    I'm having some fun....lighten up.....have a celery stalk.

I want Richard to be a smashing success.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm having some fun....lighten up.....have a celery stalk.

I want Richard to be a smashing success.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post

Call up my Mom...place me on report.

I've been a bad ..a very BAD Packer fan. Shame on me for thinking for myself. I've always had that terrible ugly side of me to struggle with.

How could I act so shameful!?

I'm not down with all of TT's picks...shame on me. I'm so bad...a bad bad Packer fan.

I'm so "F' ...ity .."F'...in .."F'... ed Up......"F"..."F" ..."F".

I'm also watching too much Southpark...look at me...I'm "F" ed....I can't stop cursing and posting bad language that doesn't always support the sheep at Packerrats.

What the "F" is wrong with me? I'm so "F" ing disappointed in my behaviour.

I need "F" ing help.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-10-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I`m confused as to why TT picked this guy. I get the part about picking a TE but just to pick a TE (need) !?!

Does TT burn out after Round Two?

Let's go to a new Draft War Room scene:

Have fun with the draft from Rd. 2 onwards. Simply get some darts and a name chart. Pin it on a wall.

Bring in a bunch of mentally challenged people to toss the darts. It`s like the Special Olympics of NFL Football.

Think of all the NFL analysts that will have to find work at places like Walmart, 7-11's and gas stations.

Have loads of treats on hand...a BIG barbeque to round out the whole process early Sat. evening.

Ohh what fun !
    Just off the top of my head. Lang, Sitton, Jolly, Finly, JJones, Bahktiari, Stewart were all "beyond the 2nd round". And I didn't even list the UFA's like Williams and Shields.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Most tt picks I don't like end up better than the ones that I do, so Rodgers is destined to be a pro bowl te
    Go PACK

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Hand size isn't everything. Catching is far more about hand/eye coordination and concentration. Look at Antonio Gates, greatest TE ever. His hand size was 9 5/8", based on that he should have sucked according to the modern analysis. Don't get so caught up in measurables.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Just off the top of my head. Lang, Sitton, Jolly, Finly, JJones, Bahktiari, Stewart were all "beyond the 2nd round". And I didn't even list the UFA's like Williams and Shields.
    Holy Cow !

My point is simply that TT could have made a better pick at NO. 98.

That he reached dramatically with that pick and I'm standing firm to that observation...which should be obvious to every member here.

Before his eigth pick ( last pick which garnered him a C GRADE for the CB he picked at Pick NO. 197....I graded him (based on my findings on the internet) as having an excellent draft or a B+ average.

Ted Thompson:

WOW !!!... for his outstanding performance overall in this drzft.

All the same and after reading this again...bobblehead... your point is what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Most tt picks I don't like end up better than the ones that I do, so Rodgers is destined to be a pro bowl te
    Fritz might post something just like this.

I look at a draft from a fans standpoint and I do my homework.

TT is taking a prospect rookie class and trying I assume to get a body of work done in his picks that consists of the best quality talent and football skills and toughness he can possible draft.

This his board and that move based on his board.... as some excuse for a poor pick.

Is a load of horseshit to me...as the internet has it all "mostly" available for the NFL fan.

Any fan that really does his homework has a very solid knowledge of the talent available in the draft class and his/her team's needs. That fan knows when a GM goes BPA or elsewhere.

Back to TT"s board and on that basis as an excuse I claim ... foul.

Fritz might post something just like this.

I look at a draft from a fans standpoint and I do my homework.

TT is taking a prospect rookie class and trying I assume to get a body of work done in his picks that consists of the best quality talent and football skills and toughness he can possible draft.

This his board and that move based on his board.... as some excuse for a poor pick.

Is a load of horseshit to me...as the internet has it all "mostly" available for the NFL fan.

Any fan that really does his homework has a very solid knowledge of the talent available in the draft class and his/her team's needs. That fan knows when a GM goes BPA or elsewhere.

Back to TT"s board and on that basis as an excuse I claim ... foul.
    WB I consider you to be a knowledgeable poster and I think you do your draft homework, but you don't even have 1/100 of the material TT and his scouts have. They have access to game tape, personal interviews, and talks with the coaches. Your (and others) opinions are based on highlight tapes and rankings put out by talking heads.

I have no clue how Rodgers will turn out but the picks most posters love (Hodge, Brohm, Franklin) turn out worse then the ones posters hate (Jennings, Jordy, Collins).
    Go PACK

Only 4 TEs got drafted after Rodgers and they all had 7th round grades....

All the same and after reading this again...bobblehead... your point is what exactly?
    Does TT burn out after Round Two?

Let's go to a new Draft War Room scene:

Have fun with the draft from Rd. 2 onwards. Simply get some darts and a name chart. Pin it on a wall.

Bring in a bunch of mentally challenged people to toss the darts. It`s like the Special Olympics of NFL Football.
    I thought my point was pretty clear and concise...sort of like most of your posts, I just did it in less than 47 sentences.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I know it doesn't mean much but when you watch him in the catching drills during the combine he catches the ball better then all the top TEs minus Ebron.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodbuck
    Do me a favor and stop with the mentally challenged people comparisons, OK?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The only real negative Ebron has is that he's not the most natural catcher and has marginal hands. Rodgers, I would hope, is better than Ebron in this regard. It's pretty clear in many other areas, Ebron is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    WB I consider you to be a knowledgeable poster and I think you do your draft homework, but you don't even have 1/100 of the material TT and his scouts have. They have access to game tape, personal interviews, and talks with the coaches. Your (and others) opinions are based on highlight tapes and rankings put out by talking heads.

I have no clue how Rodgers will turn out but the picks most posters love (Hodge, Brohm, Franklin) turn out worse then the ones posters hate (Jennings, Jordy, Collins).
    I don't hate the pick I simply believe that TT reached for him.

The move to a TE was just about where I had thought TT would move to get one of the elite choices. This draft wasn't deep at TE and I'm seeing that TT took what he saw available before the legit choices dried up.

I saw better choices for that pick as a BPA option.

I hope that Richard Rodgers does very well. I don't want the results of being disastrously correct here. I want all of TT's picks to contribute towords us and the next Super Bowl.

http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...rom-cal-052214

Packers TE Rodgers not worried about walking in shoes of other Rodgers from Cal

BY: Paul Imig FOX Sports Wisconsin ... MAY 22, 2014 10:16a ET

" ..."Another Rodgers from Cal in Green Bay; sweet," quarterback Aaron Rodgers posted for his 1.18 million followers to see that night."... "

" It was impossible to miss the obvious connection. And once the more famous Rodgers made note of it publicly, it was bound to reach the new Rodgers on the block sooner than later." ... Fr. LINK above

I don't hate the pick I simply believe that TT reached for him.

The move to a TE was just about where I had thought TT would move to get one of the elite choices. This draft wasn't deep at TE and I'm seeing that TT took what he saw available before the legit choices dried up.

I saw better choices for that pick as a BPA option.

I hope that Richard Rodgers does very well. I don't want the results of being disastrously correct here. I want all of TT's picks to contribute towords us and the next Super Bowl.

Woody, Ted Thompson is comfortable with his approach; of all the NFL GM's, he's up there with Belichek as a GM who doesn't pay much attention to what other people think.

At least that's my premise.

If you accept that premise, then you'd have to agree that if Ted has a third-round grade on Rodgers, and the guy is available in the third round and Ted thinks that Rodgers is the best player on the board, he's going to take him, and not worry about whether he could've gotten the guy in the fourth.

So for Thompson, it's not a "reach."

In the same way, BJ-the-punter , whom Mike Sherman traded up to get, was seen as a reach, but for Sherman, he was The Man.

Greg Jennings seemed like a reach, especially given that "everyone" had Chad Jackson ranked way ahead of Jennings - and Jennings was available.

So hindsight will tell us if the guy works out or not. But for Ted, it warn't no reach. It was the player he thought fit best with the Packers, who was the best player on the board in a position area in which they could afford to take a guy, so he took the guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I thought my point was pretty clear and concise...sort of like most of your posts, I just did it in less than 47 sentences.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Woody, Ted Thompson is comfortable with his approach; of all the NFL GM's, he's up there with Belichek as a GM who doesn't pay much attention to what other people think.

At least that's my premise.

If you accept that premise, then you'd have to agree that if Ted has a third-round grade on Rodgers, and the guy is available in the third round and Ted thinks that Rodgers is the best player on the board, he's going to take him, and not worry about whether he could've gotten the guy in the fourth.

So for Thompson, it's not a "reach."

In the same way, BJ-the-punter , whom Mike Sherman traded up to get, was seen as a reach, but for Sherman, he was The Man.

Greg Jennings seemed like a reach, especially given that "everyone" had Chad Jackson ranked way ahead of Jennings - and Jennings was available.

So hindsight will tell us if the guy works out or not. But for Ted, it warn't no reach. It was the player he thought fit best with the Packers, who was the best player on the board in a position area in which they could afford to take a guy, so he took the guy.
    Fritz:

Based on the :

TT has "his Draft Board" he can't be critiqued in terms of any of his moves.

That takes ... "ALL of US" ... TO "JUST ONE PLACE".

In Ted Thompson we TRUST.

Yes...yes...yes...YES!...YES!!...YES !!!

What's wrong with that?

Why is Packerrats a forum, rather than some form of a Green Bay Packers fan ....

Rah ! Rah !! Rah !!! Internet Club !?