Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Other Teams In Division News 2014

Holy Toledo Rat Rookie shammye06's Avatar
    http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/507761 I guess Reggie Bush forgot who won the NFC north.

http://www.chatsports.com/minnesota-...eps-10-109-536

Vikings News: QB Christian Ponder to share first-team reps

May 25, 2014

By: ChatSports Staff
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shammye06 View Post
    http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/507761 I guess Reggie Bush forgot who won the NFC north.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-gotten-better

Reggie Bush: The Chicago Bears have gotten better

By: Chris Wesseling ... Around the League Writer

Published: May 24, 2014 at 09:49 a.m. ... Updated: May 25, 2014 at 11:59 a.m.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...8-5d9f6dc20a60

Five Detroit Lions storylines to follow heading into OTAs

Posted May 20, 2014

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...5-d7f5920fd7ec

10 QUESTIONS WITH TWENTYMAN: What concerns do the Lions still have?

Posted May 23, 2014

BY: Tim Twentyman ... Senior Writer

Quote from that piece Woody linked to above about the Vikings QB:

Per Chris Wesseling of NFL.com, “NFL Media’s Albert Breer reports Ponder will share first-team reps in offseason practices, along with Cassel and Bridgewater.”
    Thinking about this and then the Manziel, third string situation, I am not sure there is a good way to go about not having a QB.

I guess having your young QB get some first or at least second team reps is ideal. SO I actually favor the Vikes in this case over the Browns. But Rodgers did his development with second string and the scout team.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Quote from that piece Woody linked to above about the Vikings QB:

Thinking about this and then the Manziel, third string situation, I am not sure there is a good way to go about not having a QB.

I guess having your young QB get some first or at least second team reps is ideal. SO I actually favor the Vikes in this case over the Browns. But Rodgers did his development with second string and the scout team.
    I don't believe this thing and Johnny Manziel and 3rd string is real.

If it is the Cleveland Brown franchise is simply wrong.

I think that the BROWNS are simply handling this situation poorly.

James Ihedigbo: Lions will be “hard-hitting, vicious, physical”

In other words, not much changing. Notice also he doesn't say "good".
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    James Ihedigbo: Lions will be “hard-hitting, vicious, physical”

In other words, not much changing. Notice also he doesn't say "good".
    Lions are fit to be tied.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I don't believe this thing and Johnny Manziel and 3rd string is real.

If it is the Cleveland Brown franchise is simply wrong.

I think that the BROWNS are simply handling this situation poorly.
    Funny how every player on the Browns disagrees with you, including Manzier.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I love how this offseason is going. Between Reggie Bush (rb) and James Ipecac (s) with the Lions thinking they are the team to beat and that the threat will be the Bears, they have pushed the Peppers acquiring Packers off the headlines.

Now Chicago is making similar noises. Alshon Jeffery: Brandon Marshall and I are the NFL’s Top 2 receivers

they have pushed the Peppers acquiring Packers off the headlines.
    I hope that was intentional. Gud one!

I love how this offseason is going. Between Reggie Bush (rb) and James Ipecac (s) with the Lions thinking they are the team to beat and that the threat will be the Bears, they have pushed the Peppers acquiring Packers off the headlines.

Now Chicago is making similar noises. Alshon Jeffery: Brandon Marshall and I are the NFL’s Top 2 receivers
    How much Pepper is too much?

It may be projected (correctly argued?) that Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Marshall will lead the NFL as "a BEST WR Tandem" in the 2014 season.

Yet hold on:

Last season the Chicago Bears had an excellent #2 QB in Josh McCown and he signed as a FA with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers . The BEARS arguably looked better in the passing game with Josh McCown passing to Top 15 NFL Ranked WR's Alshon Jeffrey (#6) and Brandon Marshall (#11).

So now who's projected as the NO. 2 QB in Chicago?

Jordan Palmer and that's Carson Palmer's little brother who has thrown only 15 NFL passes. He's the most experienced of the three competing for the Chicago bears backup QB position that includes the Bears 2014 Draft Pick, Central Florida QB Blake Bortles .

Last season Chicago Bears WR's Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Marshal combined for a NFL tandem WR leading 189 receptions and 2716 Yards and 19 TD's.

The Denver broncos WR Tandem of Demaryius Thomas and Thomas Decker 179 receptions and 2718 yards and 25 TD's [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]but Decker is now a NY Jet.

In my view. As a pure WR tandem no NFL team has a finer finer candidate and should be the most productive WR Tandem as the Bears Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Marshall.

The big question as always. Can Bears QB Jay cutler remain healthy and make that happen?

If the Atlanta Falcons can get a solid season out od Roddy White and Julio jones that pair should do well.

The same can be said for the Green Bay Packers WR Tandem and pick two of three Jordy Nelson (solid last season)and Randall Cobb (with clear upside)....and chip in with a surprizing Jarrett Boykin who was impressive enough that his play pushed outstanding WR James Jones out of Green Bay to the Oakland Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Funny how every player on the Browns disagrees with you, including Manzier.
    Ohh.

Your source is?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-03-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ohh.

Your source is?
    The Plain Dealer, Cleveland.com, and local channels 3,5,8, and 19.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The Plain Dealer, Cleveland.com, and local channels 3,5,8, and 19.
    There is something comforting about those first three channels.

So, in the media wars, it looks like the Bears and Lions battling for first place, and the Packers and Vikings duking it out for third.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by shammye06 View Post

Here's a couple lines I spotted in a Detroit News article today:

"The termination of Houston’s contract was how the Lions managed to open enough salary cap space for first-round tight end Eric Ebron’s $12.25 million contract, which he signed earlier Friday."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz34Y4edFxj

So in order to get all their draft picks signed, they had to cut a guy who was a starter last year. Now, Houston is hurt, having had toe surgery, I believe, a few weeks ago, and he was questionable for the start of training camp.

Now maybe the team would've cut him anyway - he didn't play terribly well last year- but he was probably their most consistent starting cornerback. I think he'd signed a five year, $25 million deal three or four years ago.

But when you're forced to cut Player A to sign Rookie B, you know your sal cap is tight.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Here's a couple lines I spotted in a Detroit News article today:

"The termination of Houston’s contract was how the Lions managed to open enough salary cap space for first-round tight end Eric Ebron’s $12.25 million contract, which he signed earlier Friday."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz34Y4edFxj

So in order to get all their draft picks signed, they had to cut a guy who was a starter last year. Now, Houston is hurt, having had toe surgery, I believe, a few weeks ago, and he was questionable for the start of training camp.

Now maybe the team would've cut him anyway - he didn't play terribly well last year- but he was probably their most consistent starting cornerback. I think he'd signed a five year, $25 million deal three or four years ago.

But when you're forced to cut Player A to sign Rookie B, you know your sal cap is tight.
    And the debacle that is the Suh contract is still hanging around. He counts an astounding $22.4M vs the cap in 2014. For comparison, the franchise tag number for a DT is 9.6.

They are talking extension with him, and he has huge leverage on them. They might have to pay him well above market value, basically QB money to get him to sign something that will drop his cap number to something reasonable.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 29m
    Bears announced they signed 5-time Pro Bowl safety Adrian Wilson.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 29m
    Bears announced they signed 5-time Pro Bowl safety Adrian Wilson.
    Lmao wonder if that has anything to do with MD Jennings play in mini camp.