Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Richard Rodgers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Fritz:

Based on the :

TT has "his Draft Board" he can't be critiqued in terms of any of his moves.

That takes ... "ALL of US" ... TO "JUST ONE PLACE".

In Ted Thompson we TRUST.

Yes...yes...yes...YES!...YES!!...YES !!!

What's wrong with that?

Why is Packerrats a forum, rather than some form of a Green Bay Packers fan ....

Rah ! Rah !! Rah !!! Internet Club !?

Woody, don't set up a straw man argument. Criticize all you want.

But your claim that a fan with access to the Internet has as much knowledge available to him or her as an NFL GM is ludicrous.

Of course Thompson makes draft mistakes. Of course. But I would rather have him running this franchise than anyone else.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

But your claim that a fan with access to the Internet has as much knowledge available to him or her as an NFL GM is ludicrous.
    on KNR 850 in Cleveland, the hosts clang bells and start razzing any fan who calls in saying "I was watching tape" of so and so college prospect.

Greg Brinda: "What tape??"

Jerod Cherry: "you are a scout for which NFL team?"

Fan: "You tube, guys."

Jerod Cherry: *Chortle, chortle*
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    on KNR 850 in Cleveland, the hosts clang bells and start razzing any fan who calls in saying "I was watching tape" of so and so college prospect.

Greg Brinda: "What tape??"

Jerod Cherry: "you are a scout for which NFL team?"

Fan: "You tube, guys."

Jerod Cherry: *Chortle, chortle*
    So you're saying that in cities other than Green Bay, fans are passionate and voice their opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    So you're saying that in cities other than Green Bay, fans are passionate and voice their opinions?
    No, I'm saying that in Cleveland the sports talk guys make fun of fans who call in saying they "Watched the tape" when they watched highlights on youtube.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

No, I'm saying that in Cleveland the sports talk guys make fun of fans who call in saying they "Watched the tape" when they watched highlights on youtube.
    So you're saying that the sports talk guys in Cleveland are like some of the posters here who make fun of other posters who are passionate and voice their opinions based on highlight that they've watched on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Woody, don't set up a straw man argument. Criticize all you want.

Of course Thompson makes draft mistakes. Of course. But I would rather have him running this franchise than anyone else.
    It's not complicated RE: Ted Thompson's "All Time Status" as a Green Bay Packer General Manager.

Ted Thompson must do all he can to ensure that Mike McCarthy and "Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers" get to another Super Bowl. Ted Thompson must manage the Packers to a second NFC Conference Championship.

Anything short of that leaves his legacy as a Packer GM in "the what if" category. What if... Ted Thompson had thought differently; had more foresight; was more assertive/aggressive in terms of his duties.

Winners "ONLY" must need to win.

Winning is everything. Losing sucks.

If that becomes a reality and the Green Bay Packers manage another NFL Championship or Super Bowl win...that's gravy. That feat would place him in elite Green Bay Packer company. That feat would seal Ted Thompson's as "a Green Bay Packer "Great General Manager". To get there TT has to remain on point..... focused on what I deem is better this off season in terms of his strategy.

Looking back upon his efforts since the 2010-11 Super Bowl XLV win over the Pittsburgh Steelers (31-25). It hasn't been more than failure in the playoffs. That's "the facts" Fritz and that doesn't spell greatness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLV

Ted Thompson is a solid NFL GM?

A GREAT NFL GM? NO !

Until Ted Thompson delivers all that's necessary for the Green Bay Packers to get to another Super Bowl, he's not getting it done. I believe that he needs to focus on ensuring that he's "in control" of all aspects of what's necessary to win Vs "the BEST" NFL teams in the Playoffs. That means finding the necessary talent, enduring strength and all important depth to handle the inevitable impending adversity.

If Ted Thompson as rumored; is soon done as the Packer GM. He needs to pull out all the stops in the next year or two.

** TT needs to have three consecutive terrific off seasons.

** TT has an extremely solid NO. 1 QB in Aaron Rodgers who needs a much stronger defensive effort to take the heat off his game.

** TT needs to deliver on this:

a) Aaron Rodgers needs more weapons on offense to improve the Packers "Red Zone" efficiency.

b) Aaron Rodgers needs a strong Offensive line and a Center that he feels comfortable with. This constant changing at the center position and weakness at the tackle position sucks. Aaron Rodgers needs an OL that will allow him to operate efficiently in the pocket.

c) The Green Bay Packers need to improve dramatically across the board on ST's. The kick return game sucks. The Packers need to get it together on ST's.

Ted Thompson must ensure that Mike McCarthy and his entire coaching staff are molding all that talent into the correct finished product. No one on Mike McCarthy's coaching staff should ever feel too comfortable. Mike McCarthy has to be held accountable. This "family thing", everything is just hunky dory in Green Bay is worn out BS.

The Green Bay Packers entire coaching staff needs to study "the win at all cost coach"; the "it wasn't good enough" man that the Miami Dolphins Don Shula was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Shula

It has to be right here and just that for Ted Thompson to ever be considered as a Green Bay Packer GREAT.

Win the NFCN...Winning the NFC Conference Championship and punching a ticket to the Super Bowl again.

All we've seen since Super Bowl XLV is a small firecracker in the playoffs. We've seen nothing but sizzle.

This season Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy must get it clear in terms of the Packers poor defensive results. Is that a matter of coaching (scheme) and/or talent? I'm assuming now that Ted Thompson finally realizes that his draft and development strategy wasn't going to get it done. That works in terms of easier CAP management; but winning deep into the playoffs means a certain different focus in terms of a three / four year plan.

Packer fans that can't see any fault in Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy want to fall back on "the injury factor" as the chief reason why the team hasn't produced wins deep into the playoffs the past three seasons; but that doesn't wash. In the NFL and in football injuries are inevitable. It's the main task of the Packer GM to ensure depth on the team in terms of real talent, proper attitude and strength /determination of the football players supplied to compose the Green Bay Packer Roster.

Ted Thompson has until this past draft generally diluted his Rookie class by trading down and stock piling what? Quality Talent? He's been watering his wine. By generally ignoring the experienced talent available in Free Agency he's been ignoring the quality of his wine cellar.

Will a more sensible approach as we're seeing this "off season" be enough or too little too late?

Time will inform Packer Nation of the TRUTH...and Ted Thompson and GREAT.

GO Ted Thompson...GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

So you're saying that the sports talk guys in Cleveland are like some of the posters here who make fun of other posters who are passionate and voice their opinions based on highlight that they've watched on youtube?
    It seems so, at least in some cases. Mockery sells bottles of five hour energy. Surprised Madtown hasn't turned Packrrats into a cash cow.

It seems so, at least in some cases. Mockery sells bottles of five hour energy. Surprised Madtown hasn't turned Packrrats into a cash cow.
    Not meaning to give you shit. I just think that its fantastic to have participation in everything. If some guy watches the tape of some kid at Idaho State, wearing #51 and thinks he's Dick Butkus, and spouts off all kinds of incorrect shit about him in a forum, great. It takes all kinds of people, but there's really only one kind of passion. All in.

Not meaning to give you shit. I just think that its fantastic to have participation in everything. If some guy watches the tape of some kid at Idaho State, wearing #51 and thinks he's Dick Butkus, and spouts off all kinds of incorrect shit about him in a forum, great. It takes all kinds of people, but there's really only one kind of passion. All in.
    Yes.

You can be a sorta NFL/Team fan or a more dedicated contributing member of a NFL team fan site like Packerrats and without FEAR express yourself....learn and grow as a NFL team and NFL fan.

I've been along for the ride with the core of this bunch of Packer fans and a Minnesota Viking fan (Rastak) since 2004.

Wow a decade of posting Green Bay Packers and NFL etc.

Time sure time flys by when your having fun.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

We watch youtube and games on TV. It's fun to see what we can glean out of it - or we wouldn't be here. Guys on the radio are having fun at the expense of blowhards who say they have been "Watching tape." Thing is that some guys watching youtube videos know more about the game than Jeron Cherry.....

Being a passionate fan is a far cry from arguing your opinions as fact.

I'm of the opinion though that there's a fine line between "passion" and "self-righteous entitlement," and it's the latter group that really, really gets my goat in sports today. All this shit about "if my team doesn't win it all, the season was a complete waste," and "Such-and-such a GM totally blew that pick, he should be fired, I watched the Youtube video and I know for sure that....blah blah blah."

To take it out of a Packer context (to give it a little more perspective), after Jim Leyland stepped down as manager of the Detroit Tigers, there was all kinds of sports talk radio and social media criticism of Jim Leyland as a failure - because he didn't win a World Series in his seven years in Detroit.

Two World Series appearances in seven years, I think three Division titles, I believe four or five playoff appearances - but somehow the guy was just a terrible, lousy, manager. Anyone coulda done what he did.

I can't tell you how many sports talk phone calls ran along those lines.

But for me, that's not passion. That's some bizarre, entitled, angry, self-righteous idiot who talks about excelling every day and winning all the time or it's a failure.

I want to say to these kinds of fans: Okay, let's look at your life. Have you been the finalist for Employee of the Year twice in the last seven years in your organization? Have you bested your fellow managers, CEO's, assembly-line workers - whatever it is you do - over and over again, yet feel you suck at your job and are a complete failure?

No fan has some "right" to see his team win a World Series or a Super Bowl. Yet these fans seem to feel aggrieved and ripped off if their team doesn't win it all.

I am okay with what you wrote, except that if the fan "spouts off all kinds of incorrect shit about him in a forum, great," because many sports fans aren't even interested in what the "correct shit" actually is.

That's not the same as passion, to me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Bandwagon line forms to the left. From Demovsky (via Woodbuck) at ESPN's Packer Blog:

Rodgers impresses: No, not Aaron Rodgers, although the quarterback looks likes his old self. Tight end Richard Rodgers made more plays than perhaps any other rookie during the one hour and 40-minute practice. During one team period, he hauled in a pass from backup quarterback Scott Tolzien that was either lightly tipped or was thrown behind him. Either way, Rodgers reached back to bring in the ball while still keeping his momentum going down the field. Said coach Mike McCarthy of the rookie Rodgers: "Big-time catch today. I just think he's a natural in space. I'm excited to see him when we get into the in-line work into training camp, but as far as all of the movement, playing in space, picking up the scheme, I think Richard's off to a very good start."
    A Rodgers also took the opportunity to knock down draft experts a peg or two. The chip on his shoulder is in mid-season form.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bandwagon line forms to the left. From Demovsky (via Woodbuck) at ESPN's Packer Blog:

A Rodgers also took the opportunity to knock down draft experts a peg or two. The chip on his shoulder is in mid-season form.
    Good for Richard Rodgers.

The good news. His performance will push all the others vying for a TE roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I told you guys the more I researched him the more I liked him. Still would like to see him doing it in pads but good to see he's off to a good start, I thought he had the best hands of any TE in this years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I told you guys the more I researched him the more I liked him. Still would like to see him doing it in pads but good to see he's off to a good start, I thought he had the best hands of any TE in this years draft.
    The thing I noticed is his ability to catch the ball in stride and immediately be in a position to head upfield. A lot of Tight Ends can't do that.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Good to see the Homer Juice on tap
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Good to see the Homer Juice on tap
    It's that time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's that time of year!

Yes it is. I like that Rodgers to Rodgers could be a long term thing in GB. I wonder how this kid's blocking is...

KYPack

Kool-aid video about Richard Rodgers:

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...0-88560f5da762