Thread: Jose's got Woody

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

He could be Rob Ford's reelection campaign manager.

That is awesome. Ha ha....
    C.H.U.D.

Poutine is too good.

Lately I've treated myself once a week to the DQ poutine in the SE Georgian Bay area; but poutine made all natural with fresh cut fries is hard to top.

I'll be eating some really good poutine in the Montreal, Quebec area around Canada Day.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Your image made me nauseous.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I like cheese curds, potatoes, and gravy - you really shouldn't put ine together.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Horse Hockey Rand.....done right it is freaking amazing. In moderation that is......
    C.H.U.D.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I gotta get ahold of Shatner's toupee guy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    That's highly illogical:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Your image made me nauseous.
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I like cheese curds, potatoes, and gravy - you really shouldn't put ine together.
    You are SOOOO wrong! Good poutine (with good quality individual components) is one of the world's perfect foods!

Montreal is famous for poutine.

I'm amazed when out on the town to see so many people ordering this calorie rich dish in the wee hours of the next day.

I've asked myself upon viewing customers at my favourite late night lunch spots:

Does it take courage to eat poutine at 3 AM or is it simply an early hangover intervention?

I once traveled from my residence on the South Shore of Montreal; some 20 -25 miles to where I was informed was the finest poutine. I had to find this "Poutine Mecca" for a personal taste experience. The best way to travel in Montreal isn't by car as parking is expensive. It's far better and easier all round to travel as far even as 25 -30 miles via the public transportation which is affordable/convenient... or at a cost < $7.00. It's an adventure and the sights ...awesome. ie For just one example:

La poutine à Montréal est très bonne en général, mais les femmes à Montréal sont spectaculaires!

After arriving at this spot I was asked where I was from. I'm a Maritimer and have an observable accent. That and my general friendly manners aids me in meeting many people. After some background disclosure I gave my order.

" Poutine ... a hot dog and a can of pepsi ... please."

Much to my surprize upon receiving this order I was told it was at no cost to me.

Why? ...... I responded.

Well Monsieur ..... the fella said:

You traveled so far for our poutine and that's appreciated so your meal ....... c'est gratis.

This poutine was indeed special ...... YUMMY !

I'll give y'all an experts opinion on the BEST poutine spots in the Montreal area. None of which is my "Poutine Mecca" spot:

http://www.amontrealerabroad.com/bes...e-in-montreal/

The Best Poutine in Montreal: The Smackdown
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-22-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau