Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kevin Greene Working for the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    Back to cheesesteaks, Geno's and Pat's are the tourist spots. If you like them that's cool but John's Roast Pork blows them both away. John's cheesesteak is amazing but if you want a real insane sandwich get the Original Roast Pork Sandwich Italian style with provolone. Made my trip to Philly complete...
    you are so right. Every town that has a local famous samich has local spot that is known for that samich, which is seldom the best choice for said samich. Italian beef in Chicago is another great example and Brats in Sheboygan are another.

Blog Entries
    DP
    Last edited by KYPack; 08-06-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    Back to cheesesteaks, Geno's and Pat's are the tourist spots. If you like them that's cool but John's Roast Pork blows them both away. John's cheesesteak is amazing but if you want a real insane sandwich get the Original Roast Pork Sandwich Italian style with provolone. Made my trip to Philly complete...
    Yeah, they are tourist joints, but they are great tourist joints. Nathan's hot dogs in NY is a tourist joint, but serves up a great dog. Pat's or Geno's have the best Philly cheese steak IF you never had the real deal. There are probably 15 - 20 spots around Philly that have Philly's that will knock your socks off. That sandwich you named sounds killer, I'll try it.

I go to Geno's or Pats to see the whole ritual that goes with getting served there.

The proof is in the statement that "Geno's and Pat's are the tourist spots". G&P are the standard that all the other joints are trying to achieve or exceed. Some of 'em do it, but they don't blow the big two away, they just have good sandwiches also. The joint you name has pork sandwiches, that's a different deal. I'm big on swine also, I'll give it a whirl.

The reason I like the big two is because they ARE tourist joints. Watching tourists freak out ordering a Philly cheese at either place is my favorite part of the show.

I'd usually wind up taking 2 or 3 outta towners to G or P's to get a sandwich. When you get there (both joints are close together), there is a kinda long line. The people you are with immediately freak out, "Oh, we don't wanna stand in line" To which I'd say, "get in the line". While in line, I'd begin to quickly teach 'em the RULES. This is the fastest moving line in the world. Banks all over the globe could take lesson from these two businesses. When you get to to the window, you gotta order quickly and properly or get bounced. No order, back of the line if they are super busy or at least face super humiliation.

Everybody there is ordering Cheesesteak sandwiches. There are two windows, the first you order the sandwich. The second is for drinks, fries and to pay.

( do NOT say a philly or Philadelphia cheese steak, yer in Philly, fer crissakes)

There's 3 cheeses provelone, American or (don't say it, it's true) Cheeze wiz.

With onions or without... Wid or Widdout.

So an order for 4 sandwiches would be "4 3 Prov Wid, 1 American Widdout".

Bang, Zap, go to the fries and drinks window, order and pay. 3-4 minutes your finding a spot and eating.

then as you eat some great sandwiches, you watch the dumb tourists screw up their order.

Great sandwich and a floor show for peanuts.
    Last edited by KYPack; 08-06-2014 at 06:08 PM.