Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
Not a lot to go on with Janis but his size, speed combo and early flashes in OTA's and camp already lead me to believe it'd be risky to try to get him on the practice squad.

Dorsey is getting special teams opportunities but I'm discounting that due to McCarthy's philosophy that everyone gets their opportunities, especially 2nd year guys from whom they're looking to see that jump.... It's early in camp and a ton more guys will be rotating through and getting looks on special teams before any spots are earned or decisions made...

I don't like White mainly because he's practically worthless on special teams and unless Cobb is down he's useless. The only outside hope for him would be as a punt returner and he's been dropping them with regularity when he's had the opportunities.

I think Harper will end up showing the most complete game to play all receiver positions if injuries dictate as well as contribute on special teams to help him make the team but admittedly the reports of one or two drops don't help.

One of them will probably separate between now and cut-down time. It's a toss-up but I'm picking Harper still.

In the offseason it seemed like it'd be hard to get to 53 but with Worthy seemingly headed for PUP or IR, Barclay going down for the year, and a couple other contenders going down it seems like it's kind of working itself out. Other than at the linebacker positions (Mulumba / Palmer / Hubbard/ a couple other potential gems TT has unearthed), WR (which is a bit less crowded for the 2 spots without Abby), and maybe running back (if a guy like Neal flashes in preseason and they decide he's too good to risk getting to the PS), unless someone comes out of nowhere, I'm not seeing a ton of tough decisions.
Nice read and I almost agree 100% but I'm picking Janis because TT knows he won't last on the practice squad and I think hes better then Harper to be honest. Harper looks like a beast but hes not that good of a football player. I also think Janis could add to the return game similar to Nelson early in his career, I heard he looked good catching punts during OTAs.