Thread: Rodgers Gambling Problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I didn't read anything about losing LATE. Simply when trailing by 9+ points. That could be occurring most often 8 minutes into the game for all we know. NOW...I am sure that Brent generally started gambling down 1, 7 minutes in. I didn't like that.
    Morris at the first link makes the case for behind > 9 regardless of time. I think the difference between Rodgers and Manning, Brees and Brady is remarkable but not definitive of anything in and of itself.

I do think his work plus Kacsmar's (the later links specifically about 4th Quarter comebacks) do have some explanatory power late in games. Rodgers is clearly on another level when it comes to caution. While I thought his numbers were skewed by poor defense (something that would need to be adjusted for all the QBs in the comparison), observation does tell me Rodgers does not take enough risks late in games when behind.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-27-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.