Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
I can't blame Capers for this one. We even had a variety of nickel looks other than the 2-4. Capers can't do the tackling, this was a problem with talent. I blame TT for an opening day roster with only 4 active DL, a bunch of starters who can't tackle for shit, and an offense and coach who hung the D out to dry.
You don't need more than 3 or 4 DL if all you're going to run is a the 2-4...

Capers did exactly what I expected him to do... he came out with his small bag of the little tricks to start the game, he ran some 3-4 and he covered everyone one up pretty well - then he reverted to his nature, i.e. the 2-4.

Can't remember what series it was... 2nd quarter I think, he came out and lined up in his default 2-4 alignment, and that was it - all coordinating and coaching went out the window. It was autopilot 2-4 after that. He sprinkled in a couple of wrinkles here and there, but for the most part, he reverted to his default defense - the 2-4.

It was a disaster - just as it's been a disaster for the last few years. Capers had 2 months to draw a gameplan for this game - and this is what we got... more of the same.

I'm dead serious when I say he should be fired today - it would be an unprecedented move, but the season is lost already b/c of Dom. Cut him loose now, and maybe they can right the ship by the end of the season.