Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "T minus 15 and counting"

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Well, it's not months until Favre's number retirement ceremony.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Sounds like Peyton Manning got traded for Michael Crabtree.

????

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    It hit me like a ton of bricks. Nice.
    QBME sent the correct answer, too.

None of the answers posted in here have been correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    No, it is a hard and fixed event that will happen "15" from now. I am a bit surprised there isn't more public recognition of it.
    There's been some talk of it around here.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I'm guessing this is the number of hours before I start bumping every thread ahead of this one.

Got it. PM sent
    Go PACK

QBME sent the correct answer, too.
    Well by all means don't anybody post the correct answer in this thread. Keep the enchantment alive as long as possible.

Is there an anniversary for the forums coming up?

Is the world ending?

First Jeff Janis multi TD game?

????
    18 swapped for 15.

I don't know why, but this contest reminds me of the "raisin surprise ball" drama. 2 minutes in.

Denver Yooper, pbmax and Bossman641 each figured it out too.

Since the thread seems to be grating on a few, the answer is:

15 TD passes needed by Peyton Manning to take the first of Favre's career records away from him. The only record within range for Manning this year.

After TD #17 on the Year ...

"And Peyton Manning has now thrown for 17 touchdowns on the season, he is on a tremendous pace here in Week 5. Now, our apologies to our stations down the line, we have a fan interfering with the XP. He's wearing a Packers jersey and is carrying something rather large and unwieldy. It looks like it might be a folding chair ....

Wait, he's headed for the sideline now not the kicker or the ball, and he appears to be looking for some ....

Oh My God! That fan just swung the chair and hit a player in the head. How can this be? How could security not get him? It was a brutal shot but only after the horrific attack was he brought down by players and security. He's got a mess of gray hair and a gray beard but that is all we can see.

Oh NO! It appears the player struck with the chair was Peyton Manning! Right in the neck! Oh, I don't think they should show that replay again, look at the way his head wobbles afterwards .... What a barbaric act."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Manning or likely no one will ever break Favre's most impressive record of consecutive starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Manning or likely no one will ever break Favre's most impressive record of consecutive starts.
    Manning did have a shot before his neck injury. I'd venture that with changes to concussion protocol, it's impossible now.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I agree, but I also don't think Favre could break Favre's record in today's NFL. The protocols for returning from injury are much more strenuous and I feel like organizations are more conservative with QB's today given the huge deals they have.
    Go PACK

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Haha, does anyone remember the Giants game at Lambeau say 10 years ago or so. Favre got his bell completely rung and was wobbling around on the sideline. He pushed the coaches or doctors away, came back in the game and threw a 30 yard TD pass. That was his last pass that game. Doug Pederson came in and the game was essentially over at that point. Never would that happen today, so I'd have to agree that no one will ever touch that record.

Edit: Here's a story about it: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1894259

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I agree, but I also don't think Favre could break Favre's record in today's NFL. The protocols for returning from injury are much more strenuous and I feel like organizations are more conservative with QB's today given the huge deals they have.
    Favre probably would not have established the record that he has if he had today's concussion protocols in place for his career. It seems pretty standard that any second concussion almost automatically results in at least one game missed. Favre had a number of concussions in his career. Under today's procedures, he likely would have missed a game because of at least one of them.

To be fair with Brett, there are some shots to the head he wouldn't have to put up with anymore.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    To be fair with Brett, there are some shots to the head he wouldn't have to put up with anymore.
    True.

Trainers are probably glad they didn't have the same concussion testing then. Recalling some of his rambling press conferences, administering a coherency test to him might have been a challenge.

Part of me wishes things were like they used to be, I'm all for safety. But imo the NFL is going a bit over board and pussifying the game. It could also just be that it seems no Packer player ever seems to play hurt anymore.