Thread: Adrian Peterson Indicted

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What is so bad about this? This is a serious question. The scratches look very, very minor. It doesn't seem that bad to me. IDK, a black eye or bruises is a lot worse than a few small scratches. Scratches bleed - it's not like the kid was gushing blood or in serious danger. Is it right? No, but people should be able to parent how they seem fit. This doesn't seem like child abuse to me. It is definitely worrisome and something to keep an eye on - but I don't consider those scratches to be child abuse.

I would never personally discipline my child this way. I wasn't disciplined this way and I don't personally see a need for doing it. Having said that...

It's not like the kid was seriously hurt or anything. It doesn't seem careless, negligent or abusive. It just seems like really old school, bad parenting. There are a lot of parents out there doing a lot worse. Let's be honest... Adrian isn't going to jail or anything like that. This trial will be quickly followed up with a civil suit where he'll settle. It's all about the $$$
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 09-13-2014 at 01:17 AM.