Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
Pretty sure I remember them saying they were going to make that cut block illegal?? It absolutely should be - don't know how it can be legal to ram your helmet into the back of a guys knee... when it used to happen to Gilbert all the time, you'd look at it and think, '... that can't be legal'; and then the announcers would go on and on about how it was legal - go figure.

If I were playing against Mark Schlereth - his career would have ended many years before it did, b/c the first time he did that to me, I'd chop him in the fucking throat, and spit on him as he choked to death on the field.

As for the disasterous play that MM called - you seem to think a slow developing play in that situation is a fine idea - so, have at it, it's all yours man.

If I had the kind of players we have on our OL - I wouldn't have even considered running it there... would have been a pass all the way. If that were incomplete, I would have passed on 2nd down, and 3rd down. If they go incomplete?? Then Detroit is gonna get the ball back on the 35 yd line, and go about playing defense. It is what it is... not a good situation, but for my money, the one thing you don't do is call a passive, slow developing run play.

You seem to like passive football though... as do most Packerrats it would seem.

I'd add "passive 'predictable' football." When myself and my family can accurately predict the negative outcomes of plays before they happen, it's clear we are getting way too predictable. And it's not like we predicted bad outcomes the entire game. Just see my post a page or 2 back and see how dumb/stubborn MM is.