Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Okay, let me go on record as having a crisis of confidence in the Packers. Not just this year's team, but perhaps the direction of the franchise.

For years, I firmly believed that it was the damn plethora of injuries, relentless, constant, that undermined the Packer teams of the past three years. I even heard a stat two days ago on the radio that Green Bay had suffered more injury games-lost than any other team. I figured that if they'd had their team even half-healthy, all the bozo defensive breakdowns and offensive-line misses wouldn't have occurred so frequently. Not that it was the only reason - I knew better than that - but I believed it to be the biggest factor.

Now, however, the Packers are - knock on wood - one of the if not the healthiest team in the division. Yet the defense continues to leak like a 60 year-old-man's penis after a long bike ride, and the offense is as inconsistent as a three-titted woman.

I now wonder if TT finally has whiffed on too many early rounders lately (Sherrod, Perry, Worthy, maybe even Jones), and if Capers has completely cemented his reputation as someone who can work wonders in year one but cannot sustain the success. And I think back to Patler's comments about the decreasing effectiveness of head coaches (and maybe GM's?) as they pass the eight-year mark of their regimes.

My confidence is shaken.
I agree Fritz. There's always some reason/excuse why the defense is not right. After a while most fan's are just like, "Get it fixed, already" We don't expect the defense to be as good as the offense, but how about just consistently productive? Like last year when we shut down Detroit at home and Baltimore on the road, then A-Rod gets hurt and then we suddenly can't tackle. Whether Capers fault or not, it's his responsibility to come up with a consistently productive defense and they are not there. Let's see them gel and stack their success instead of two steps forward, three steps back.