Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: official game day thread 10/26. packers-saints

packers working on clock

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I actually like the check downs. Unfortunately it's mostly because they are up 21.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Why play then? Why be a fan? Nope. They could have won if they had played smarter.
    Packers came thinking they were going to win. I watched as a fan thinking that too. Didn't play out that way. Yes....there were mistakes and blunders. But that's what happens in a game like this. The Saints caused this loss.....not the Packers. Like I said....an absolute perfect game by the Packers is all that could have given them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Ya, I guess those red zone struggles had nothing to do with it
    You said it, not me. We got our asses whooped tonight. We get two weeks to brood over this before the next game.

Last call!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Now it's 23 points.

I know that is a garbage time TD but we scored which could make this a one score game now.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Losing by 21 is worthy of negative posting.
    Hiding during the winning streak is worthy of no posting?
    Go PACK

No. They should have been ahead by even more. An onside kick? Peppers in the backfield? Giving Brees all day to throw? Game plan was for shit.
    You are viewing the first half through the lens of the second half. They had pressure on Brees in the first half, remember the sacks?

The game plan stinks because it didn't work, except they had several leads. But even if I accept it, it doesn't mean what your original statement proclaimed: the team was indeed ready.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Uh-oh, bossman has called out team cheez for negative posting in a game thread. That's 15 yards and loss of a down.

Damn, I thought Hyde had gotten it back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Packers came thinking they were going to win. I watched as a fan thinking that too. Didn't play out that way. Yes....there were mistakes and blunders. But that's what happens in a game like this. The Saints caused this loss.....not the Packers. Like I said....an absolute perfect game by the Packers is all that could have given them a chance.
    You made my point. The Packers were overconfident. Didn't take the Saints seriously.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

No. They should have been ahead by even more. An onside kick? Peppers in the backfield? Giving Brees all day to throw? Game plan was for shit.
    Peppers was out wide. By the way, he didn't allow the defense to intercept the ball.

Maybe they should give him another look there.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Another shitty bounce goes the Saints way.

-Tim Harmston

How did Hyde not recover that
    Go PACK

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You are viewing the first half through the lens of the second half. They had pressure on Brees in the first half, remember the sacks?

The game plan stinks because it didn't work, except they has several leads. But even if I accept it, it doesn't mean what your original statement proclaimed: the team was indeed ready.
    We'll have to disagree. I didn't see it.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

If you told me that AR had 418 yards passing I would have thought win tonight.

You made my point. The Packers were overconfident. Didn't take the Saints seriously.
    You think those calls were to taunt the Saints? They were called because the Packers thought they needed to make some big plays on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    You said it, not me. We got our asses whooped tonight. We get two weeks to brood over this before the next game.
    I don't know about you but I won't brood for 2 weeks. My life is a little more interesting than that.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

That was a bad play by Nick Perry on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I don't know about you but I won't brood for 2 weeks. My life is a little more interesting than that.
    I'm with you. I have to get up and go to work tomorrow to support the wife, 2 kids, and 2 dogs.

I always have a little more pep in my step when the Packers win. It will be a distant memory which I hope will be erased after the bye.