Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sherry era ends

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He must've really been hopeless, even in practice, for them to cut him when there's no real other backup tackle on the roster.

It's not like they had no other candidates to cut, Brandon Bostick.

Now if we'd just cut Just a Jag Jones life would be good
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Now if we'd just cut Just a Jag Jones life would be good

I do wonder, if Bradford shows any improvement at all inside, if the Packers would be tempted to cut Jones, or if they feel his experience makes him a valuable backup and special teams guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I do wonder, if Bradford shows any improvement at all inside, if the Packers would be tempted to cut Jones, or if they feel his experience makes him a valuable backup and special teams guy.
    I'm not sure if it's coaches or where I've heard it, but people keep lauding his coverage ability. I have yet to see it. Maybe they are comparing it to Hawk's coverage ability?

saw that monday. not surprised. 1st round bust. not the only one under tt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I'm not sure if it's coaches or where I've heard it, but people keep lauding his coverage ability. I have yet to see it. Maybe they are comparing it to Hawk's coverage ability?
    Or maybe we don't see it because QB's aren't throwing to the guy being covered by Jones? Just throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Or maybe we don't see it because QB's aren't throwing to the guy being covered by Jones? Just throwing that out there.
    Go back to last year. He trailed his guy in coverage quite a bit and gave up a lot of passing yards. Hawk on the other hand, is usually not near his guy in coverage. That's the difference I've seen.

Blog Entries
    A BIT IRONIC

Two days after Fluffy is Cut I witness the Marshmellow Newhouse starting for the Bengals. He is not doing well at all

however

THe Marshellow is, was, and always has been better than Fluffy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You mean held by Jones and it's getting called every time?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post

If this is the case, sure would've been nice to have him on the field against NO, covering Graham who ended the night with half a dozen catches and a TD.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Talk about thread drift...

But Guiness brings up a good observation: Jimmy Graham had just returned from injury for the last game and ended up being a difference maker. The Saints are a much better team with him out there.

It's no surprise that the Patriots are also playing much better with Gronk back from injury, too. Gronk and Graham are/were widely seen as the top 2 TEs in the game. Both have been injured for most of the first part of the year and both have recently returned to make their teams better.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Talk about thread drift...

But Guiness brings up a good observation: Jimmy Graham had just returned from injury for the last game and ended up being a difference maker. The Saints are a much better team with him out there.

It's no surprise that the Patriots are also playing much better with Gronk back from injury, too. Gronk and Graham are/were widely seen as the top 2 TEs in the game. Both have been injured for most of the first part of the year and both have recently returned to make their teams better.
    In a world where Brady has Gronk, Brees has Graham, and Manning has Thomas, Rodgers to Quarless makes me want to cry.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

A BIT IRONIC

Two days after Fluffy is Cut I witness the Marshmellow Newhouse starting for the Bengals. He is not doing well at all

however

THe Marshellow is, was, and always has been better than Fluffy
    The least smelly turd is still a turd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    In a world where Brady has Gronk, Brees has Graham, and Manning has Thomas, Rodgers to Quarless makes me want to cry.

Great Point
    Kind of why I threw out the Packers and Gonze pimp about five weeks ago
    I see thread now created......great idea

I'm warming up to Quarless. He gets open enough to provide an option. He's rumored to be able to block. Quarless is the AJ Hawk of the offense, and I'm not damning with faint praise. I'm thinking of 2012 and 2013 Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Great Point
    Kind of why I threw out the Packers and Gonze pimp about five weeks ago
    I see thread now created......great idea
    Well, he had Finley and never came close to using him in the same way that Gronkowski and Graham have been used.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Well, he had Finley and never came close to using him in the same way that Gronkowski and Graham have been used.
    J-Mike was used that way in the Arizona playoff game and he was rocking the league in '10 before that infamous Donald Fucking Lee fumble landed J-Mike on the IR.

Post-injury, J-Mike struggled with drops but he was still a force to be reckoned with. Nobody is afraid of the current TEs on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    J-Mike was used that way in the Arizona playoff game and he was rocking the league in '10 before that infamous Donald Fucking Lee fumble landed J-Mike on the IR.

Post-injury, J-Mike struggled with drops but he was still a force to be reckoned with. Nobody is afraid of the current TEs on the roster.
    So seven games in a six year career? I was in his camp but he never got his head back in the game after the injury. He was worried about his contract and longevity and it ended up costing him his health.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post

Arizona playoff game? One game does not define "use" of a TE.

2010? "Rocking the league?" 4 games and 21 receptions? Again, doesn't really show how Rodgers would use him for an extended period of time.
    Last edited by Patler; 11-08-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm warming up to Quarless. He gets open enough to provide an option. He's rumored to be able to block. Quarless is the AJ Hawk of the offense, and I'm not damning with faint praise. I'm thinking of 2012 and 2013 Hawk.
    Solid Backup

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Arizona playoff game? One game does not define "use" of a TE.

2010? "Rocking the league?" 4 games and 21 receptions? Again, doesn't really show how Rodgers would use him for an extended period of time.
    The Arizona game was a prelude to what was supposed to be J-Mike's breakout year. Prior to his injury in '10 season, J-Mike was the Packers' feature receiver, a la Gronk and Graham.

5 catches a game is pretty good for a tight end in an offense that also included Jennings, Nelson , Driver and Jones. Even when he was used as a decoy, opponents had to account for J-Mike. Too big for corners, too fast for linebackers/safeties.

You stated that Rodgers "had Finley and never came close to using him in the same way that Gronkowski and Graham have been used."

I simply gave you some examples.