Thread: Thanks Veterans!

Thanks Veterans!

I don't have today off to ruminate on the Packers' woes and obsess over who is going to get fired. I have today off as a tribute to the servicemen and women who gave their time and lives to this country.

My sincerest thanks to all Rats who served!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I think it would be interesting to hear who actually has been in the military. Since we've had a voluntary military, a lot fewer people have done a stint.

Mad was briefly in a paramilitary organization, but I don't expect he'll want to talk about that. (Wrong side of the drug war. Well, I suppose "wrong" is a POV.)

yup

THANKS VETS

Canadian Army

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks to those that have served our country.

I served...yet it was in Europe and ex-Yugoslavia. It wasn't really war in Croatia at the time but mostly checkpoints and camp. I had it easy compared to those who saw real combat; so no glory sought here.

But seriously...why don't you question your wars more? The easy answer is stupidity and yet the illusion of fight for "freedom" just doesn't cut it.

I do want to salute all those souls who served, the soldiers that fought for the guy next to you - those soldiers that really fought for their lives, their comrades in arms and their families. That's what it's all about; be it surviving in Fallujah or be it surviving in the suburbs of Detroit, suburbs where bleakness preveils and easy recruiting for the US army dwells.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Many thanks to those that have served - I truely mean this.

My post above had some political elements yet it was true and sober. Yet I've just been blasted via pm and I had no intention to degrade the men and women who actually served - as I have yet to a much minor extend.

Also a salute to those who fell - especially to my grand father. His name was Thorkel Nielsen.

PS - Frack it, a salute to Kim Hansen as well. You're alive Kim but you paid the price when we returned home. It ain't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    I served...yet it was in Europe and ex-Yugoslavia. It wasn't really war in Croatia at the time but mostly checkpoints and camp. I had it easy compared to those who saw real combat; so no glory sought here.

But seriously...why don't you question your wars more? The easy answer is stupidity and yet the illusion of fight for "freedom" just doesn't cut it.

I do want to salute all those souls who served, the soldiers that fought for the guy next to you - those soldiers that really fought for their lives, their comrades in arms and their families. That's what it's all about; be it surviving in Fallujah or be it surviving in the suburbs of Detroit, suburbs where bleakness preveils and easy recruiting for the US army dwells.
    It's really insulting of you to make a backhanded compliment like this. Veteran's Day is to honor those who have served, not make political or social commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    It's really insulting of you to make a backhanded compliment like this. Veteran's Day is to honor those who have served, not make political or social commentary.
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Canadian Army
    My father served in WW II as a member of one of the oldest batteries of The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery. The pre-1855 volunteer battery formed in Saint John, New Brunswick in 1793 called the “Loyal Company of Artillery” that exists today as the 3rd Field Regiment, RCA.

Thank You Dad and all vet's that served and sacrificed to give us our freedom today.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Thank you vets for your service. I appreciate being the first generation in my family not to have to serve in the military.

Special shout out to my 7x Great Grandfather who fought in Col Alden's NY Regiment in the Revolutionary War.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Freedom isn't free. It was purchased at great cost and personal sacrifice. God bless those who have gone before and those who serve or will serve in the various branches of today's volunteer Armed Forces. Special prayers and appreciation for families grieving the loss of a vet or caring daily for a wounded warrior. Those families need to be acknowledged and honored as well.

Critics, take your best shot, the United States of America is exceptional and remains a unique force for good in the world.

Special thanks to those who served in the US, Canadian and NATO forces in service for their respective countries. Your service is what makes freedom so cherished.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Teamcheez1, thumbs up to your comment. mmmdk, no offense, but kind of sad commentary to twist this solemn day for a political jab. You want to add your opinion, throw it another thread or FYI section.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

C.H.U.D.

A safe and sane veterans day to one and all.
    USAf veteran.

Yasoux to mmmdpp.