Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Classic Wist. You abuse Dom Capers left, right, and center, but when his defense keeps the Pats to 21 points it's no credit to Capers - it's because he finally followed your advice! No, even when the Packer defense plays well, it's no credit to Capers.

And...part of your complaining was that "Dunderdummy" would refuse to double or bracket Gronk, and that would mean, and I am paraphrasing you, that Gronk would score at least three touchdowns (you mentioned that if the over-under on number of Gronk touchdowns was 2.5, you'd take the over).

As far as I could tell, Capers refused to double or bracket Gronk, yet somehow, miraculously, the Patriots only scored 21, and I don't think Gronk scored those three touchdowns you were so sure he'd get.

But don't forget to trot out your old schtick about how, really, the other team screwed it up. In this case, I imagine you'll say that if Belichek had run the ball lots more, the Patriots would've surely won.
I haven't watched the game... the only play that stands out in my mind was the play in the end zone that was single coverage, good coverage, and Gronk dropped a pass that he could have held on to, but again, the coverage was very good.

As for dunderdummy - is he not playing the fronts the way I've said he needed to play it?? Yes he is... and the results have been very promising. As I've said, I like the players, and I've liked a lot of them for a few years now - my bitch has been that they haven't been used right.

Now that they are being used correctly, and we are getting much better results - the fact is - my arguments have been shown to be correct.

I will give dunderdummy credit for a game, or for 2 1/2 games in the last 4 - for finally getting his head out of his ass - but in no way can he be trusted. He is as likely to come out next week and play a 1-5 as he is to continue to take full advantage of the personnel he has available to him. I said the moment we hired him that he has it in him to be a good DC, but that he can't be trusted - that has proven to be true.

The guy has a long, long history in the league - and he's been fired from every place he's ever been b/c he has an MO of diminishing results; he also has an MO of being very, very capable... can't begin to imagine what goes thru his head when he throws those shitty game plans together, but he certainly does it on a regular enough basis to get fired everywhere he's been - everywhere but here.

He really should have been fired a long time ago - and I surely am not the only who has called for his head. I may be a leader on the bandwagon, but the bandwagon surely isn't a lonely one.