Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NFC playoff picture - how will they finish

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Good point. I'm curious, can the Packers, or any team, clinch the playoffs this week?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ffpicture_news

Two teams, Colts and Broncos, can clinch this weekend.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I wonder; When was the last time no team clinched by the conclusion of week 14? Seems like there is always at least one team that's got their division locked down by this time of year.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I'm really hoping that Arizona wins the division to keep Seattle on the road, and keep San Fran out completely. The Cards are likely going to fade with all their issues, but here's hoping.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I'm really hoping that Arizona wins the division to keep Seattle on the road, and keep San Fran out completely. The Cards are likely going to fade with all their issues, but here's hoping.
    A big game for the Cardinals this week Home to KC. Will they stop the bleeding?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-have-a-pulse/

Not a lot of leverage in playoff implications this week except for Bye and Home Field.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    A big game for the Cardinals this week Home to KC. Will they stop the bleeding?
    AZ did find a way to win today so you never know. Can they beat the Rams next week in St. Louis?

We're all pretty disappointed in the defense last night, but it was a big one. Using ESPN's playoff machine, I could not find a scenario where the Packers not making the playoffs with one more win--even with two conference losses to Tampa Bay and Detroit. Winning one of the next two would guarantee the playoffs and guarantee that the final game is for the division, at worst.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

That Buffalo game looks like a tough sled on a short week.

Fortunately, their QB is neckbeard the game manager but if the offense struggles against that physical Buffalo D, things could get ugly.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

Fortunately, their QB is neckbeard the game manager but if the offense struggles against that physical Buffalo D, things could get ugly.
    We must find a way to win this week.

It's a true test. A game to hopefully build back from.

That mere 'W' last night Vs Atlanta needs to be redeemed.

It'll be interesting to see how the Packers answer.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I hope the coach and QB actually try hard this week. Maybe focus and stay on task. No more commercials or press conferences except those mandated by the League.

No joking, no intimate relations, maybe lose some weight, get their eyes fixed and change their diet.

No TV or video games. Come up with something creative both for a game plan and pre game speech so the team comes out fired up like when it wins and not lethargic like when it loses.

This is not rocket science or organic chemistry. Just do your job and don't be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

I'm kinda sorta hoping for a game like the 2010 Jets game in which the Packer D won the game. I think the final score was 9-0. It was a game that made you realize that the defense could win you a game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Good lord the defense coasted to the win last night. Not worried at all. We will win out and be 13-3 and host all home games.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm kinda sorta hoping for a game like the 2010 Jets game in which the Packer D won the game. I think the final score was 9-0. It was a game that made you realize that the defense could win you a game.
    They would have easily had that game against Detroit had the offensive effort not been one of the worst we've ever seen. That seems like ages ago now. Now this defense is on pace to give up more points than it did in 2011.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I hope the coach and QB actually try hard this week. Maybe focus and stay on task. No more commercials or press conferences except those mandated by the League.

No joking, no intimate relations, maybe lose some weight, get their eyes fixed and change their diet.

No TV or video games. Come up with something creative both for a game plan and pre game speech so the team comes out fired up like when it wins and not lethargic like when it loses.

This is not rocket science or organic chemistry. Just do your job and don't be dumb.
    Hear ! Hear !!

GO PACKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    They would have easily had that game against Detroit had the offensive effort not been one of the worst we've ever seen. That seems like ages ago now. Now this defense is on pace to give up more points than it did in 2011.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

The Green Bay Packers fell four spots to be ranked @ NO. 16 this Week 15 of the 2014 season.