Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MY HOE AND PRAYER FOR THE PACKERS FIRST ROUND PICK IN THE NEXT DRAFT

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Leaving the title as it is just for bringing up the draft right before the playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Leaving the title as it is just for bringing up the draft right before the playoff run.
    I used to think that changing the Thread Title once it was posted was under 'Insider Information and Control'.

Besides .... we should all know that 'many a man' has 'at many a time' some hoe in a Hoe.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Just questions, so don't get your panties in a wad...

How much of Gordon's success is due to the Wisconsin OL? Apparently, two starting OLinemen sat out the Ohio State game and Gordon was held below 100 yds.

If Gordon wasn't available at our draft spot, but Gurley was, would you draft Todd Gurley with your first draft pick? Same size players and arguably Gurley is just as good.
    No problem with the title - it's too late now anyway; My hot young wife already saw it, and she elder-abused me hahahaha.

No, Maxi, I wouldn't take Gurley in the first round or any other RB in any high round. Gordon is exceptional. As I said previously, I really don't think the Badger O Line made Gordon what he was. A lot of his runs were without exceptional blocking/with broken tackles/with unscripted cutbacks, etc.

As for Gordon compared to Lacy, I see Gordon breaking most of the same tackles Lacy broke, and I see Gordon going for TDs on most of the runs where Lacy broke into the second level and chugged about 20 or so yards before getting dragged down.

I posted this NOW - before the playoffs because I think Gordon is gonna absolutely tear up God damned Auburn, and I wanted to get ahead of the curve - touting Gordon before that game.

Dude, that is creepy as fuck that you are married to such a young gal.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Dude, that is creepy as fuck that you are married to such a young gal.

Creepy?

It's frickin' awesome!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    First off, giv Tex infinite credit for landing a hot wife who's younger. Who the hell wants one their age anyways ???

Secondly, I love Melvin Gordon but I struggle with how well his game translates. I've hear comparisons with LT and Charles and if he's a poor man's either he'll be a stud. I think he has great vision and is a great rb. I'd take him over Gurley....not to even mention Gurley might not be a good person.

I'd bless him as our first round pick; just not sure I'd pound the table due to other needs. I think he'll be a very good NFL running back but we are strong there.

With that being said, look at some of the crap 1st round picks we've had. So I'd be fine with Melvin if he's the BPA.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Well, there's no need for a Pimps & Hoes thread when Harlan immediately starts a similar thread the moment a game ended. What an attention whore, that Harlan Huckleby.
    Sorry, didn't realize I was stepping on your show. Can't feel much through my jackboots.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12014478

Where Should Heisman Finalists ( Marcus Mariota; Amari Cooper and Melvin Gordon) Be Drafted?

Publish Date: Dec 11, 2014, 10:22 AM ET ...... Duration: 02:51
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Not to rain on any parade but.....

Here are just TEN Teams (and in order) that have a lot more need at RB than the 6th Ranked Rushing attack of the Green Bay Packers:

Oakland
    Tampa Bay
    Arizona
    Detroit
    Buffalo
    Indy
    Cleveland
    San Diego
    Houston
    New York GIANTS

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-01-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Sorry, Tex. I think Gordon's performance in the Outback is taking the air out of your balloon, plus making Melvin a bundle of cash.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

He's an immoral pleasure seeker

Sorry, Tex. I think Gordon's performance in the Outback is taking the air out of your balloon, plus making Melvin a bundle of cash.
    A solid day for Melvin Gordon in a Wisconsin's 34-31 OT win Vs Auburn at the Outback Bowl game:

When the score was Auburn 31 - Wisconsin 28:

Melvin Gordon's Day >>> 31 Carries for 249 yards and 3 TDS !

Here's one of his TDs ... a 53-yard run on 4th and 1 to put the Badgers up 21-17:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...l-auburn-video
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-01-2015 at 02:53 PM.

I don't even think Gordon would be available. But if he was he'd be hard to pass up

THIS IS ME DOUBLING DOWN ON GORDON!

I assume you mean he is likely to get drafted before our turn to snag him? Sadly, you are probably right - as I already said.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Best RB in college football won't be around at pick 32!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Have you seen the Australian TV show "Rake" with Richard Roxburgh on Netflix??

It is awesome, lol...

There is an America version with Greg Kinnear, but it got bad reviews and was cancelled... the original Aussie show is great though - one of my favorite shows
    wist

It'll be interesting to see how Gordon does at the combine and his Pro Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Gordon does at the combine and his Pro Day.
    It may be interesting. It won't make much of a difference where this kid goes in the draft. He's a bona-fide top 15 draft pick. There are very few guys who have both elite power and speed on the college level...Gordon is one of them.

RBs haven't gotten much love in the draft lately, but without many top shelf QBs in the draft this year I think the RBs will go higher than they have in the past few years to teams looking for offensive help.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Lacy is a great fit with this offense: he can block, catch and break tackles, and what he brings is enough to get most defenses out of the 2-deep shell. I am not sure that having Gordon on the field would make the Packer offense all that much more difficult to defend, and if he is only going to be on the field for 20-30 plays then I'm not sure that is worth a D1. They have real needs at inside linebacker, defensive line, tackle and TE. And possibly CB and WR depending on what happens with their FAs-to-be. If there is first round talent at one of those positions, take it.
    That's where I'm at, too. They have Lacy, what would they do with Gordon? It would be a big waste. Starks (85) and Lacy (246) had 331 carries combined. Does it make sense to have Lacy and Gordon, and give each only 10 carries a game? How effective would either be if used that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That's where I'm at, too. They have Lacy, what would they do with Gordon? It would be a big waste. Starks (85) and Lacy (246) had 331 carries combined. Does it make sense to have Lacy and Gordon, and give each only 10 carries a game? How effective would either be if used that way?
    This is why Tex should stick to being a ladies man and leave the football to non-ladies men like Ted Thompson.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!