Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lang's penalty - called from on high

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I think the problem was that Lang's hit was quite violent in comparison with what was happening between the defenders and Adams. He was fighting to gain yardage, they were trying to sling him backwards, and then all of sudden Lang comes flying into the picture and picks off one of the defenders. It looked violent, and then that violence was compounded by the fact that the whistles start blowing a faction of a second before impact.
    When something is violent it should look violent.

Violence ......... and whistles !

Let's lobby to get rid of the whistles.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Seriously the officiating of a game as important as this one was should be done by the Officials on the field.

Not by some 'Counsel Of Officials' controlling it all from 'high above'.

The NFL has created a serious problem for itself with so much that certainly informs of the TRUTH.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Was a terrible call at the time, and it's still a terrible call. And they should fine Cowboys #99 for throwing punches.

I'm glad he cleaned the guys clock.
    C.H.U.D.

Yeah I don't understand the throwing O player down after the whistle being ok, but Lang flagged for playing through the whistle. That should have been a no call. You have to let a little go in the playoffs.....just another example of making the players wear skirts. The guys from the 60's - 70's couldn't play today. The would get ejected every week!

I said from the beginning that Lang was playing the play out because the defense was still playing, but NO. Everyone wants to jump on Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I said from the beginning that Lang was playing the play out because the defense was still playing, but NO. Everyone wants to jump on Lang.
    At the time I remember thinking what a dipshit he was...after I saw the replay today you realized just how close it was. Bad call.....Just as I was cursing M3 for throwing the flag on the Dez non-catch...I was sure he had wasted the last timeout until I saw the replay from a few angles.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    At the time I remember thinking what a dipshit he was...after I saw the replay today you realized just how close it was. Bad call.....Just as I was cursing M3 for throwing the flag on the Dez non-catch...I was sure he had wasted the last timeout until I saw the replay from a few angles.
    I think Lang gets penalized for that even if the hit comes FIVE SECONDS BEFORE any whistle...providing it started the melee it did.

It was an unnecessary hit, and those are hits that the NFL will crack down HARD on in the concussion era. The guy Lang hit was not the main one interacting with Adams. It was relatively clear the play was about to whistled dead...which is why the 3 other Cowboys near the action weren't bothering to jump in.

It was not a smart play. I understand the emotion of the situation...and like that we have some guys with mean streaks on the OL...but again, that was a play that cost us a good chance at 4 additional points and potentially could've cost us the game. I don't view it as one that should be defended.

I'm guessing the edict from "on high" was just a confirmation that Lang's hit started the whole mess...which IMO is probably the correct call. If someone came in and leveled Lang on a similar play, I would want the flag thrown against the offender.
    Last edited by King Friday; 01-12-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    All I know is, after the Lang dust up, our OL played the rest of the game like they were on a mission. I think it fired up the whole team.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    All I know is, after the Lang dust up, our OL played the rest of the game like they were on a mission. I think it fired up the whole team.
    If that is what it takes to get them going, then we have issues.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    If that is what it takes to get them going, then we have issues.
    Not to get them going, but to get them to kick it up a notch. That happens in football all the time in big games. Both teams are juiced, but then something happens and one team gets really juiced and captures "momentum."
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The crowd went nuts after it wasn't offsetting penalties. The noise and energy level went up for the rest of the game after that play.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

" Just as I was cursing M3 for throwing the flag on the Dez non-catch...I was sure he had wasted the last timeout until I saw the replay from a few angles. " Freak Out ( Post #27 )

Most people watching that game felt the Dez Brant "no catch" .... was a catch until technology and 'the Rule' took over.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-12-2015 at 09:29 PM.

If Lang hits someone who has his mitts directly on Adams, I don't think its a penalty. He hit the guy behind the guy holding up Davante.

Rivera and Winters used to have that job and they knocked a few screws loose doing it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I have no clue how to do that. Sorry.
    P, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, make me a copy of this whole deal and put it on 8 track.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    P, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, make me a copy of this whole deal and put it on 8 track.
    Now we're getting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    This. And this is a good thing. Just the right amount of attitude.

This team just feels like they are tougher than the last few years. I don't know what it is, an edge, an attitude, how they carry themselves. This is the team you want to go to war with.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    This. And this is a good thing. Just the right amount of attitude.

This team just feels like they are tougher than the last few years. I don't know what it is, an edge, an attitude, how they carry themselves. This is the team you want to go to war with.
    I like the feel of the team too.

Winning that game vs Dallas was what I hope pushes the Packers to where they must be:

Really believing that the Lombardi Trophy is theirs after two more games.

I'm very much getting the same feeling I had when the Green Bay Packers last won the biggest prize in the NFL.

We're supporting a winner right now. Count on that !

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I actually have one in my basement, and a box of tapes for it. They came and went so fast, I kept the last one I had in one of my cars just for the heck of it. Son #2 and I are contemplating restoring a car from my younger days, and if we do the 8 track will go in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I actually have one in my basement, and a box of tapes for it. They came and went so fast, I kept the last one I had in one of my cars just for the heck of it. Son #2 and I are contemplating restoring a car from my younger days, and if we do the 8 track will go in it.

Can't you see it now?