Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
No huddle will have its place. Holmgren mentioned wrong footing them by their sub package; passing on first down versus base, running on second down versus pass rush, etc.

If Rodgers gets one of those sub packages caught facing a Packer sub package that has leverage over it, they should ride it down the field. Especially in the second half.
I'm all for "wrong footing" them - you don't need to go no huddle to do that... all no huddle will do is get us out of sync with all of the crowd noise, and arythmic style that is imposed by their stout defense.

The no huddle isn't going to fluster them - I'd much rather make sure we have all our ducks in a row on every snap. Minimize the 5 and 7 step drops, don't put all the pressure on our below average Tackles, and dink and dunk them to death. A holding call or sack?? that is the end of that possession.

Normally I hate getting to 3rd down... I'm not a big fan of playing to get to 3rd and 3, I usually prefer to take shots at 1st downs on every 2nd down - but in this game I won't mind getting into 3rd and 5 or less. I think we can complete short passes against them, we just won't get any RAC. If we're at 3rd and 4, we should be able to dink it for 5 yds, and get down, move the chains.

I'd feel a lot better about our chances if we had a TE that could threaten the seam, and drag the underneath LB with him and threaten the Safety - but we don't have that anymore.