Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
I'm fairly certain Cobb would prefer to stay in Green Bay if the money is comparable...but it is starting to appear that Thompson isn't willing to pay a comparable amount at this point...
If Thompson believed that, the deal would be done by now. The fact that Cobb has OPENLY STATED he is agreeable to a fair contract value, and yet is not signed, should be concerning to you if you believe Cobb should be resigned. Cobb isn't asking for the moon...so it stands to reason that Thompson is being stingy or just doesn't really want to put more money into the receiver position.
Patler, there isn't nearly enough here to prove ANYTHING. If he's talking to other teams, OF COURSE he will be asking for the moon. They will need to offer the moon to take a WR away from a title contender with a HOF caliber QB.

I'm sure Green Bay could keep him for less than $12M a year. That isn't the question. The question is how much is Thompson willing to pay...and my guess is not much more than $8M.

If other teams are offering $12M and Thompson is offering $8M+...then Cobb is gone. He ain't taking that much of a haircut to stay in Green Bay.

Funny how in your earlier posts you found Cobb to be reasonable and TT unreasonable from the reports, rumors and statements. Now, when a report shows Cobb in a less favorable light, you argue that the reports are not to be believed. Of course, that has been my point all along. Both sides are posturing.