Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
I don't know the dynamics as well as you might. But the press seems to think he is miffed at them not fighting for hm with the NFL. I am sure he is miffed that by taking the hit and pleading no contest, instead of shortening the suspension, it lengthened it and left him less avenues for appeal. I am sure he figures the team could have been more help.

So he might not be of a mind to help. And the team could try to jam a better deal out of his desire to leave. But he seems likely to collect his check this year, so there would also seem to be a limit to how long they can wait.

The big question is whether they actually want him back. If they truly do, then he probably can be persuaded with some smooth talking and commissioner bashing.

He's pissed at that and that the governor of the state ripped him and the local paper ran an investigative report on his charity. Plus tweets by various Viking fans calling him out for what he did.

I think he's a little delusional but as a human I can see where he may not feel welcome.