Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
They can decide a game, and they can produce monumentally bad decisions. Duke wasn't happy with a 7-2 imbalance in calls in the first half. UW wasn't happy with the objectively wrong calls and 10-2 imbalance in the second half.

Its not rigged. You have to overcome it. Refs are like rebounds, they don't just fall into the team's lap by chance, evenly split. You have to work hard to make it break even.

You need to shoot well from 3. You need to touch the post. You need to shoot from the wide open wings (Gasser and Hayes). And you need to defend quick guards on ball screens better.
I agree. I had an interesting discussion the other day with a guy who saw the Duke game as having a bad call here and there, such as the out of bounds play, but thought the game was fairly officiated for a championship game. He said, in essence, the refs called one half in the way the Badgers would prefer and called the second half in the way Duke would prefer. He argued neither was wrong, just different styles. I tend to agree.