Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
    Rams surprise coming....

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 43s43 seconds ago
    For the fifth time in the last eight drafts, the Jets used their first round pick on a defensive lineman.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Oline?
    good call

Rams are on the clock. O-Line?

Vikes could have one of Parker at WR, or Dupree at DE or Waynes at CB

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Vikes could have one of Parker at WR, or Dupree at DE or Waynes at CB
    I think they're taking Parker.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Is that the Packers big board in the background?

yeah, can you read it?

Rams gonna take Shelton lol ALL DL ALL THE TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I think they're taking Parker.

That would be my third choice....they are not bad at receiver right now.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe · 12s 12 seconds ago
    Gurley to Rams
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wow - Gurley

NFL.com and ESPN guys are tipping picks like Berman used to do for the Bills:

"There is a bit of a surprise coming up..."

"Could be going offense here..."

1. TODD GURLEY | Georgia 6005|222 lbs|3JR Tarboro, N.C. (Tarboro HS) 8/3/1994 (age 20) #3

BACKGROUND: A four-star running back recruit out of high school, Gurley decided to attend Georgia over offers from Clemson and NC State. With running back Isaiah Crowell dismissed from the program in July 2012, Gurley became the starter in his first season and had his most productive year in college, setting a school freshman record with 17 rushing scores. He finished with 1,385 rushing yards, becoming just the second Georgia freshman to surpass the 1,000-yard mark (Herschel Walker), earning multiple Freshman All-American honors. Despite missing three games and parts of others due to injuries, Gurley again led the Bulldogs in rushing as a sophomore in 2013 with 989 yards and finished third in receiving with a career-high 37 catches, earning Second Team All-SEC honors. As a junior in 2014, he was a Heisman Trophy favorite halfway through the season with four 100-yard rushing performances in the first five contests before he was suspended four games (Oct. 11Nov. 8) for accepting money for autographs. Gurley returned for the Auburn game and rushed for 138 yards against the Tigers, but injured his left knee late in the game, ending his season. He had successful ACL surgery on Nov. 25, but to no surprise, left school early to enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Built like a NFL back with a muscle-bound frame to hold up at the position…excellent combination of grown-man strength and natural balance to work off contact and keep his feet, rarely conceding to the initial tackler – churns through contact with a finishing attitude…runs with natural lean and momentum, making him tough to slow down…explosive lower body with a devastating jump cut, shifting his weight extremely easily for a 225-pound body…shoots out of a cannon when the hole is there with the build-up speed to win the corner and finish downfield…dynamic in the open field, hitting different gears, making it tough for defenders to recover or regain angles…savvy runner to bait defenders and sees the field extremely well with a great sense of his surroundings…stick-and-go burst, accelerating in his cuts and stringing moves together well…decisive and won’t waste time dancing, squaring his pads to the line and always looking to run straight ahead…has the coordinated feet and redirection skills to sidestep defenders and cut back against the grain…flexible and can lower his pads at the point of attack to get lower than defenders…reliable hands in the passing game with natural body adjustments and hand-eye coordination…above average vision and determination on kickoff returns with 422 return yards on 11 career attempts (38.4), including two touchdowns…proactive in pass protection, attacking defenders with a feisty demeanor…reliable ball security with only two fumbles on his résumé (outstanding 191.7 fumble rate)…well respected among his coaches and teammates (voted team captain in 2014) with strong football character.

WEAKNESSES: Good speed for his size, but NFL defenders will be able to catch him from behind…taller than ideal for the position and is an easy target for defenders to aim for, preventing him from hiding behind blockers…room to improve his hand technique as a blocker to better sustain…eager to get north-south and has room to improve his patience at the line of scrimmage to allow blocks to develop…seeks out contact and equipped to run between the tackles, but injury history raises questions about his durability as his rush attempts declined each of the last three years (missed three games in 2013 due to a left ankle injury and his 2014 season was ended by a left ACL tear)…won’t be able to work out pre-draft or during the spring/summer due to his ACL rehab…off-field character hasn’t been a question, but did serve a four-game NCAA suspension in 2014 for accepting money for autographs (shouldn’t affect his draft grade).

SUMMARY: Gurley is the best running back talent in the 2015 draft class and has the skill-set to carry an offense and be the type of talent defensive coordinators must gameplan for. In Georgia’s pro-style offense, he achieved most of his production from I-formation, showing off his all-around skill-set rushing, receiving and blocking. Gurley has an impressive blend of power, vision and athleticism and, simply put, it’s tough to find glaring weaknesses in his game. He plays with a natural, intuitive run style, sensing daylight and reading quickly to find holes. Gurley runs with grown-man strength and hits the line of scrimmage with authority, but also displays the lateral quickness and explosive qualities to win with power or agility. He compares favorably to a blend of Marshawn Lynch and Fred Taylor and is one of the top-10 talents in the 2015 draft class, but the durability question hurts his draft value and is the only concern that could keep him from being one of the NFL’s best all-around backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    That would be my third choice....they are not bad at receiver right now.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8s9 seconds ago
    #Vikings taking calls for a possible trade. Three teams interested, they’ve wanted to move back

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8s9 seconds ago
    #Vikings taking calls for a possible trade. Three teams interested, they’ve wanted to move back

I am more than cool with that......take Peters later.....

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 13s13 seconds ago
    I've always wondered if Todd Gurley could gain 100 yards in a game without an offensive line. And now, we'll find out!

Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst 16s17 seconds ago
    Todd....rent in St. Louis.

Matt Ufford ‏@mattufford 1m1 minute ago
    Can't wait to see how the Rams will use Todd Gurley to go 8-8.

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 51s52 seconds ago
    NO! DON'T LET JEFF FISHER NEAR GURLEY!

No trades yet...hmm

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    No trades yet...hmm
    Might be one here?

Jets are suave.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 20s20 seconds ago
    Jets say they're not "actively shopping" Mo Wilkerson http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LhM

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 13s13 seconds ago
    I've always wondered if Todd Gurley could gain 100 yards in a game without an offensive line. And now, we'll find out!

Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst 16s17 seconds ago
    Todd....rent in St. Louis.

Matt Ufford ‏@mattufford 1m1 minute ago
    Can't wait to see how the Rams will use Todd Gurley to go 8-8.

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 51s52 seconds ago
    NO! DON'T LET JEFF FISHER NEAR GURLEY!
    LOL

Blog Entries
    Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 7m7 minutes ago
    As first pick approaches, #Packers still debating Denzel Perryman vs. Stephone Anthony.

His site is not great, but he has called picks before and seems to know someone.

On NFL Network Mayock predicted Perrryman and then went on to compare him to tough nails like Ray Lewis and Jonathon Vilma
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?