Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    pick is in and they go to commercial? read the pick, then go to commercial fucktards
    Easy pitt. We got it covered.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    WHO CARES IF RAY FARMER USD CEL TO COMMUNICATE WITH COACHES...........why would this matter ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe · 1m 1 minute ago
    Shelton to CLE probably takes the Browns out of the Malcom Brown possibility at 19, which is good for the Pats.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

3. DANNY SHELTON | Washington 6021|339 lbs|4SR Auburn, Wash. (Auburn Senior HS) 8/20/1993 (age 21) #55

BACKGROUND: A four-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Shelton was intensely pursued by Oregon, UCLA and other west coast programs, but he decided to stay home and enroll at Washington. He played sparingly as a true freshman before earning the starting nose tackle job as a sophomore, recording 45 tackles and 4.0 tackles for loss in 2012. He started all 13 games in 2013 as a junior and finished with 59 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks, earning All-Pac 12 Honorable Mention honors. Shelton had his best season in 2014 as a senior, recording 93 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks and five fumble recoveries, earning First Team All-Pac 12 and All-American honors. He accepted his invitation to the 2015 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Girthy body type with meaty thighs/hips and natural thickness – built like a vending machine and plays often come to him…carries his weight well with functional range to make plays outside the hashes…balanced and plays light on his feet with coordinated body control and movement skills…active with stunts and shows smooth lateral quickness to avoid blocks and change directions well on the move…tree stump in the middle of the line of scrimmage – tough guy to move from his spot…powerful upper body with active hands and a strong punch to rip and sustain bull rush at the point of attack…heady backfield vision and ball awareness to quickly locate and recognize screens…good initial quickness to split doubles and attack gaps…highly active with a bull in a china shop mentality…terrific on-field motor for the position, moving up and down the line – played 900+ snaps in 2014…plays through pain – battled through a left shoulder injury in 2013 that required postseason surgery…above average production for the position with 208 career tackles over 40 starts – also blocked three kicks on special teams…smart on and off the field – three straight years Academic All-First Team honors…mature, but loose personality and has dealt with adversity in his past – older brother was shot and killed in front of him (May 2011).

WEAKNESSES: Has bad weight in his midsection and his conditioning needs monitored – played at 360 pounds in 2014…too upright off the snap and needs to play with more consistent knee bend and leverage – sloppy tendencies…powerful, but relies too much on his upper body strength and needs to develop his hand moves – convoluted pass rush plan…doesn’t generate consistent power from stagnant position and much better when he drops his hips and has upfield momentum…too reactionary and needs to consistently force the action, lacking twitch off the snap…needs to be a consistent finisher once he makes contact…too many frustration penalties on his résumé and needs to improve his discipline…wears himself out with his intensity and ends up taking plays off…

SUMMARY: A prospect of Samoan heritage, Shelton has a rare mix of quickness and power for the position, showing the range to make plays on the perimeter and the unyielding hustle to continue pursuit through the whistle. He requires double-teams due to his nimble feet and upper body strength to shock blockers, using his natural gifts well, although his arm/hand techniques are still in development. Shelton started every game at nose tackle the last three seasons, playing a large percentage of the Huskies’ defensive snaps, but is better suited for a timeshare role to sustain his intensity. He lined up everywhere on the line in college from the zero- to five-technique positions, but is ideally suited as a two-gapping nose tackle, who can fit a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme – not on the same level as Haloti Ngata as a prospect, but deserving of top-15 consideration in this draft class.

Wow. Browns with a smart pick. WTF?

Blog Entries
    DID THE BUCKS SCORE 60 points tonight; I tuned into the game, saw the scores, puked on myself, and could not look again
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

1. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
    2. TENNESSEE TITANS: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
    3. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: Leonard Williams, DE, Southern California
    4. OAKLAND RAIDERS: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
    5. WASHINGTON REDSKINS: Dante Fowler, OLB, Florida
    6. NEW YORK JETS: Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
    7. CHICAGO BEARS: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
    8. ATLANTA FALCONS: Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
    9. NEW YORK GIANTS: Brandon Scherff, G-T, Iowa
    10. ST. LOUIS RAMS: Andrus Peat, T, Stanford
    11. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
    12. CLEVELAND BROWNS: Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska

Bob struggling a bit after first two. Righted himself with Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    WHO CARES IF RAY FARMER USD CEL TO COMMUNICATE WITH COACHES...........why would this matter ?

Mostly because everybody in the league knows the rules prohibit it.

???

SPEED™ ‏@Rob_wheels 2m2 minutes ago
    Melvin Gordon to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    DID THE BUCKS SCORE 60 points tonight; I tuned into the game, saw the scores, puked on myself, and could not look again
    They are at 65 with a minute left.

can't believe no trades yet... thought a lot of picks were in play this year.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Mostly because everybody in the league knows the rules prohibit it.
    I know....my point is.....why the rule ? Why does this matter to the NFL ?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ???

Melvin Gordon to Miami.

I heard that badly wanted Gurley.

Gordo in Miami? Hmm...

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 2m2 minutes ago
    Was sorta hoping Danny Shelton was going for the overhead belly-to-belly

#NFLDraft ‏@nfl 2m2 minutes ago
    That's a big hug. #NFLDraft

Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst 1m1 minute ago
    Goodell has suspended Danny Shelton for the 2015 season.

Blog Entries
    ???

Melvin Gordon to Miami.

Tannehill is a loser
    not sure I like this either although it makes sense for Miami

2. MELVIN GORDON | Wisconsin 6005|215 lbs|4JR Kenosha, Wis. (Bradford HS) 4/13/1993 (age 22) #25

BACKGROUND: A four-star running back recruit out of high school, Gordon fielded offers from Wisconsin, Michigan and Louisville and originally committed to Iowa prior to his senior year, but changed his mind a few months later and decided to join the in-state Badgers. As a true freshman, he competed for carries behind Montee Ball and James White, but a groin injury ended his season, using a medical redshirt. Sharing the backfield duties with Ball and White again in 2012, Gordon finished third on the team in rushing as a redshirt freshman with 621 yards and three rushing scores. He was White’s back-up in 2013, but led the Badgers in rushing with 1,609 yards on 206 carries, adding 12 touchdowns over four starts as a sophomore. Gordon was Wisconsin’s feature runner in 2014 and responded with the second-most single season rush yards in FBS history (2,587), falling just 41 yards shy of Barry Sanders’ record. He scored 32 total touchdowns (29 rushing, 3 receiving) and for one week held the record for most rushing yards in a single game (408 vs. Nebraska). The Heisman Trophy runner-up, Gordon earned First Team All-Big Ten and All-American honors and was the Doak Walker Award winner. He decided to skip his senior season and enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Strong ankles with galloping strides and easy acceleration to go 0-to-60 in a flash…could be a world-class dancer with his quick, coordinated feet and explosive movements – smooth lateral jump cuts to sidestep defenders without losing momentum, bouncing runs outside…above average balance to bounce off tackle attempts with a physical nature – if not wrapped up, he won’t go down…tougher than his frame suggests with deceiving strength and stiff-arm, lowering his pads and keeping his legs pumping…quick-thinker with the run instincts and eyes to scan and make decisive moves to scamper out of trouble – reads blocks/defenders and reacts instantly…excellent feel in the open field, leveraging defenders and showing patience to follow blocks…lower body explosion to hurdle defenders without slowing down…has focused on getting yoked up, dedicating himself in the weight room…team-first type with an engaging, positive personality and genuine mind-set…elite production with a career 7.8 yards per carry average, setting a FBS record in 2014 as the fastest ever to reach 2,000 rushing yards in a season (241 carries) – holds the Big Ten record for rushing yards in a season (2,587) and ranks sixth in the conference (third in school history) in career rushing yards (4,915).

WEAKNESSES: Does most of his damage on the edges and prefers to bounce runs outside the tackles – inside vision and power aren’t as consistent…high cut with long legs and doesn’t have an ideal body type for the position – appears maxed out and has minor durability concerns…lean-muscled and not overly physical at the line of scrimmage, doesn’t have much lead in his shoulders to push the pile or consistently break tackles…accelerates well downfield, but lacks a second gear and can be caught from behind…ball security concerns, especially between the tackles, exposing and not protecting his carriage (12 career fumbles, including seven in 2014) – 54.4 fumble rate…benefited from wide run lanes in Wisconsin’s run-first offense…unproven as a receiver and route runner with only 22 career catches and several drops on this film…work-in-progress as a pass protector with unreliable base strength and technique.

SUMMARY: After three seasons as a bridesmaid in Wisconsin’s offense, Gordon had his chance to wear the white dress in 2014 and didn’t disappoint with one of the single-best rushing seasons in NCAA history. He is at his best attacking the line of scrimmage, only to jump cut and bounce outside where he can turn on the jets and race downfield – most of his damage in college came outside the tackles. Gordon has above average field speed with electric feet to make defender miss and play with instant reactions, weaving through defenders with beautiful patience and gliding strides. His game is built more on quickness and vision rather than power, but he’s tough and looks to lower his pads on contact, working hard to max out his strength potential. Gordon’s lack of reliability as a pass catcher and blocker are two glaring concerns, but he has the ingredients to be a Jamaal Charles type of weapon in the NFL.

Ted has sugarplums dancing in his head

Cris Collinsworth ‏@CollinsworthNBC 1m1 minute ago
    The way this draft is going, there will be incredible receivers available in the second round. @PFF @NBCSports

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 2m2 minutes ago
    Was sorta hoping Danny Shelton was going for the overhead belly-to-belly

#NFLDraft ‏@nfl 2m2 minutes ago
    That's a big hug. #NFLDraft

Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst 1m1 minute ago
    Goodell has suspended Danny Shelton for the 2015 season.

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Saints select Andrus Peat