Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Ras, you jumped the gun on Gordon to Miami there I think. I was Tweeting a rumor. Saints were still on clock I think.

I should have been clearer than just using question marks.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

1. ANDRUS PEAT | Stanford 6067|313 lbs|3JR Chandler, Ariz. (Corona del Sol HS) 11/4/1993 (age 21 #70

BACKGROUND: A five-star offensive tackle recruit out of high school, Peat was compared to some of the all-time greats as a prep player and he narrowed his college choice to Nebraska and Stanford, choosing the Cardinal because of the coaching staff. He saw limited playing time as a true freshman back-up at left tackle, playing behind David Yankey. With Yankey moving inside to guard in 2013, Peat took over the left tackle duties as a sophomore, starting all 14 games and earning Second Team All-Pac 12 honors. He started all 13 games in 2014 as a junior and won the Pac-12 Morris Award as the top offensive lineman in the conference (voted by the players), also earning First Team All-Pac 12 and All-American honors. Peat elected to bypass his senior season and enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Massive frame with thick legs and trunk…wide base and uses angles well…excellent set-up quickness and gets into position ahead of rushers…springs out of his stance with coordinated feet in his kickslide and shuffle…controls his momentum with natural body control and flexibility to mirror in space – pulls and moves like he’s 100 pounds lighter…extends well at the point of attack with aggressive hands/reach and a strong punch to stone and control defenders, keeping his feet shuffling while engaged…comfortable at the second level with the range to eliminate defenders on the perimeter, covering a lot of ground for the position…understands body position and processes rusher movements quickly to break down in a flash…smart player with a terrific sense of his surroundings to recognize and anticipate pressures, resetting and rolling his hips…physical mauler and brings it every snap with a mean-spirited temperament – looks to bury his man in the run game with consistent finishing toughness…durable and toughs out injuries, starting every game the past two seasons at left tackle (27 career starts)…NFL bloodlines – father (Todd) played six seasons in the league on the offensive line and his older brother (Todd) is a rising senior defensive tackle at Texas A&MCommerce.

WEAKNESSES: Sets up quickly off the snap, but needs to improve his patience and discipline…bad habit of lunging and overextending himself with inconsistent balance – finds himself bent at the waist too often, ending up on the ground due to his overeager nature…gets in trouble stopping his feet and falling off blocks, not consistently bringing his feet with him vs. speed rushers…mechanics tend to come and go…aggressive jabs, but not overpowering and his hand placements needs refined, landing outside too often…inconsistent anchor and base strength, struggling with leverage…needs to turn up the focus dial and eliminate the undisciplined penalties – too many false start flags on his game tapes…some bad weight in his midsection and conditioning needs monitored.

SUMMARY: Stanford has produced four offensive line draft picks the last three years, but Peat has the skill-set to be the highest drafted Cardinal lineman since Bob Whitfield in 1992 (eighth overall pick). He has some mechanical flaws with too many unfocused mental mistakes, but he’s the real deal athletically with the body control and intensity ideal for the next level – dancing bear with little restraint to his movements. Peat can be as good as he wants if he can improve his patience and discipline to stay balanced and not overextend once engaged. While the inconsistencies, mostly with his balance, can be maddening, his issues are coachable and he has the natural traits worth molding – projects as a NFL starting left or right tackle who will probably take his lumps as a rookie before nailing down a starting job in year two.

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate · 21s 21 seconds ago
    Dolphins select WR DeVante Parker.

Sorry for the misdirection Ras.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ras, you jumped the gun on Gordon to Miami there I think. I was Tweeting a rumor. Saints were still on clock I think.

I should have been clearer than just using question marks.

Yea, looks like Parker.

I think this will be Parker.

3. DeVANTE PARKER | Louisville 6025|209 lbs|4SR Louisville, Ky. (Ballard HS) 1/20/1993 (age 22) #9

BACKGROUND: A three-star wide receiver recruit, Parker was a Louisville fan growing up and committed to his hometown team as a junior in high school. He started six games as a true freshman in 2011 and led the team in receiving scores (six) and yards per catch average (16.2). Parker was again a part-time wideout as a sophomore (three starts), but led the Cardinals with 744 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns. He set career-highs as a junior in 2013 with a team-best 55 catches for 885 yards and tied a school-record with 12 touchdown grabs, earning First Team All-AAC honors. Parker missed the first seven games of his senior season due to a foot injury, but still managed 43 catches for 855 yards and five scores in just four starts, earning Second Team All-ACC honors. He received an invitation to the 2015 Senior Bowl, but declined.

STRENGTHS: Excellent height/length body type with the frame to get stronger…long-striding speed with natural lower body explosion to get vertical in a hurry…shows multiple gears in his routes to set up defenders…quick-starter with the initial movements off the line of scrimmage to gain free release and stack corners, using field leverage to give him room to work down the sideline…disguises routes well with a strong plant foot, selling his patterns with crisp footwork…shows some shake in the open field with quick cuts to deceive after the catch and the vision to collect YAC…tracks the football and extends well to attack with a large wingspan and natural body control – usually reliable ballskills…above average vertical with the leaping ability to hang in the air…deceiving body strength and not a push-over, running tough and not allowing coverage defenders to slow him in his routes…tougher than he looks and not an easy ballcarrier to finish off…confident competitor and won’t shrink in crunch time…frequent visitor to the end zone with a touchdown every 4.7 catches for the Cardinals…consistently productive in college and leaves Louisville ranked top-five in several categories, including career receiving yards (2,775) and career receiving touchdowns (33).

WEAKNESSES: Leaner-than-ideal frame and needs to add muscle and bulk…good speed for the position, but can be caught from behind…usually reliable hands and focus, but will allow the ball into his body at times and tends to have concentration lapses – better with the ball away from his body where he can extend and attack…room to improve his footwork off the line to beat press and get into his routes…needs to improve his coverage reads to better manipulate defenders instead of using the same moves each play…will get himself in trouble extending his arms away from his body to push off – won’t get away with that in the NFL…willing blocker, but has room to improve in this area…durability concerns due to his lean frame and college injuries, including a left foot injury (Aug. 2014) that required surgery and sidelined him for the first seven games of his senior season – missed one game as a junior due to a right shoulder injury (Oct. 2013).

SUMMARY: Despite losing his quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, Parker passed on the NFL after the 2013 season and returned to Louisville for his senior year – it didn’t go quite as expected, missing the first seven games of 2014 after foot surgery. However when he did return, he was dominant in the final six games, averaging seven catches and almost 150 receiving yards per game. Parker will have some easy drops and needs to patch a few holes in his game, but he is long-striding athlete with better catch-and-go creativity and toughness than expected, using his wingspan and natural length to play above the rim. His size/athletic dimensions are first round quality with a large catching radius to be a playmaker at every level of the field – not quite on the same level as A.J. Green as a NFL prospect, but a notch below and belongs in the top-15 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    NFL Update @MySportsUpdate · 21s 21 seconds ago
    Dolphins select WR DeVante Parker.

Sorry for the misdirection Ras.

Made sense though - as Fins liked Gurley.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
    There is a trade. The Niners and Chargers have traded. So SD is on the clock.

Be nice if the NFL wasn't way behind on the picks.....in the first round even.

they are announcing the trade in the background, and these facktards won't shut up

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    they are announcing the trade in the background, and these facktards won't shut up

I used to just get pissed in the 4th when picks would fly with no mention - now they do it in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Be nice if the NFL wasn't way behind on the picks.....in the first round even.
    they're not even trying to catch up either.

Announce pick...talk, commercial - Meanwhile the next pick is already in.

Blog Entries
    I could go some MELVIN in San Diego !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe · 27s 27 seconds ago
    Chargers take Melvin Gordon.

god damnit, nfln is stuck in a loop, alex flannigan is in san diego

For Gordon - see a few posts above - lol

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    YES! Was yelling at them to shut up so I could hear the details.

Chargers move up 2 spots, ahead of Houston. I think this is Dupree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I used to just get pissed in the 4th when picks would fly with no mention - now they do it in the first round.
    oh yeah, your team is picking in the 4th and they're showing highlights and talking about the guy taken #2 overall

i hate so much about the nfl, why do i even watch this shit?

Blog Entries
    MELVIN GORDON
    MELVIN GORDON
    MELVIN GORDON
    MELVIN GORDON
    MELVIN GORDON

Fond memories of chanting this thoghout the Badger games

Thx for the memories MELVIN
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?