Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Raji and Clay and Hawk are the only high picks. Got us a SB. Packers essentially haven't had a round one pick for years. I'm OK with them spending on defense in round 1. Used a lot of FA money on the offense. That's compensation enough.
    I"m going to give this a chance but I think I'll need help coming up with all of them...it's been D seven of the last nine years....this yr makes 8 of 10

AJ HAWK
    CLAY MATTHEWS
    DATONE JONES
    NICK PERRY
    JUSTINE HARRELL
    HA HA CLINTON DIX
    BJ RAJI

I was wrong....got them all.................
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15m15 minutes ago
    The #Packers selected safety Damarious Randall from Arizona State. I’m told they view him as a cornerback.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 15m15 minutes ago
    Damarious Randall measurables:
    40-YD: 4.46
    10-YD: 1.55
    20-YD: 2.58
    Bench: 14
    Vertical: 38
    Broad jump: 10’00”
    3-Cone: 6.83

That 3 cone is nuts, isn't it?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    From NFL draft tracker on Randall:
    While he has the speed and athletic traits to transition to cornerback, his cover skills and technique need quite a bit of work to be ready for the NFL level. Randall has a nose for the ball and a strong desire to make an aggressive tackle in space, so there could still be teams that give him a legitimate shot at safety, where he carries a higher draft grade.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

tjhey still bragging how good GB is doing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade......whether it was luck, or skill, TT hit one of the greatest home runs off all time at24 with AROD and if he's healthy he's probably good for 9 wins a year by himself.

But 8 picks in 10 years.....dammit.....I can't even figure out who they all are......but it seems like we do WAY better drafting offense than we do defense............
    That's been the case for decades... the Packers as an organization are, in general, not good at evaluating defensive talent. Ted's only saving grace is volume - throw enough spitballs at the wall, and some will stick.

That said, the only one he really hit on was Matthews. Our starting corners for the past years were both FA's - so Ted doesn't get any drafting credit for them; Peppers was an UFA; and the wave of front seven players he drafted high have been okay, without hitting any home runs - maybe Daniels.

If Randall can play CB, and ends up starting outside - then it's not a wasted pick; but if he's not better than a slot, nickelback - then he's a wasted pick.
    wist

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 9m 9 minutes ago
    Thompson on Randall: "We think he's a very versatile player. We'll probably line him up as a corner."

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 1m 1 minute ago
    Thompson essentially said that in ASU defense, Randall was Sun Devils' best defensive player, so @CoachGrahamASU needed him at safety.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    and our defense is still a fucking joke
    Well that's because you can't draft defensive coordinator. But they will automatically be better this year by not having Brad Jones.

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter 16m16 minutes ago
    great value pick there by the Pack to grab Randall at FS,, Arizona State is literaly the ultimate safety school

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    #Packers are going to have to answer whether first pick Demarious Randall can tackle. That's the biggest knock on him even as a safety.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 10m10 minutes ago
    Ted Thompson is at the podium. "We feel fortunate we were able to draft Damarious Randall that late." #Packers

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 10m10 minutes ago
    Thompson on Randall: "We think he's a very versatile player. We'll probably line him up as a corner."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
    Thompson: For some time we've had (Randall) pretty high up on our board. He's just a good football player. #PackersDraft

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
    Thompson felt fortunate to get Randall. Long wait. "There wasn't much conversation when it got to be our pick."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8m8 minutes ago
    "I think he's a football player." Good ball skills. Catches it well. Capable of returns. Center field in baseball - "marvelous trait" in DB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    Thompson on Randall: He's got a knack for catching the ball. Capable of punt returns. #PackersDraft

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
    "We saw what we needed to see" Thompson said of the ASU tape rather than going back to juco film.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m6 minutes ago
    Thompson: "With me, I don't like to get too technical. I just like to get good football players."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
    "We're tall enough," Thompson says of lack of height on perimeter. He was 5-10 7/8 at Combine

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
    Philip Rivers going nowhere. And he has one more reason not to want to uproot his family from SD: he and his wife expecting their 8th child.

Blog Entries
    Certainly does not seem like a value pick but he must have been the BPA

I'd be really surprised, given our needs, if there was not a ILB or 2 ILB's that don't have a much bigger impact than Randall.

But this is what I do....lol.....I question TT....hopefully you dude's can bump this thread ten years from now when Randall is looking like a Hall of Famer
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Boy was I wrong I reaally thought we were going to get ILB Peryman or that Number 1 TE instead we get the one s they are bragging about having the best cover skills?

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    He's going to have to play the slot... but who in their right mind spends a 1st round draft pick on slot defender??
    He doesn't have to be in slot if he can cover wide. Hayward and Hyde can move inside. They must think he can cover wide if he is replacing House or Tramontana.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Certainly does not seem like a value pick but he must have been the BPA

I'd be really surprised, given our needs, if there was not a ILB or 2 ILB's that don't have a much bigger impact than Randall.

But this is what I do....lol.....I question TT....hopefully you dude's can bump this thread ten years from now when Randall is looking like a Hall of Famer
    A lot of the LBs are still there. I would be surprised if they don't get one tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Who was the safety the 49ers took last year?
    Elam or Reid.

Blog Entries
    That's been the case for decades... the Packers as an organization are, in general, not good at evaluating defensive talent. Ted's only saving grace is volume - throw enough spitballs at the wall, and some will stick.

That said, the only one he really hit on was Matthews. Our starting corners for the past years were both FA's - so Ted doesn't get any drafting credit for them; Peppers was an UFA; and the wave of front seven players he drafted high have been okay, without hitting any home runs - maybe Daniels.

If Randall can play CB, and ends up starting outside - then it's not a wasted pick; but if he's not better than a slot, nickelback - then he's a wasted pick.

In the end, Wist, we agree on a lot of shit and I really miss you in the summer when you vacation from Packerrats and then I get the label of being the most negative.......lol

The thing we don't agree on......is you place about 99 % of the blame on DOM while I think TT is just as guilty of not drafting better on Defense than Dom is for not excelling. I think it's 50/50 and Dom is only a slightly below average DC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Elam or Reid.
    Reed was SF and Elam as the Ravens

Posters flipping out and questioning TT is normally a good thing. We need a CB and ILB within the first 3-4 picks. We have the CB. ILB can be addressed later
    Go PACK

i hope so and I can see getting more secondary players ares let us down at very bad times this yr

How do you not give him credit for Tramon or Sam?

oh has he ever played CB? they only said safety