Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Reviews of New CDs/Music

I use itunes, but yes, there are alot of songs on there that you can't find, so then I'll go to Limewire. It's the only P2P sharing platform that doesn't contain spyware (that I know of).

I highly suggest footing the $18 to buy the Limewire Pro version, you will be amazed at the faster download speeds and how many more items come up in searches.

In fact I'm upgrading to the latest version of itunes so I can buy Justin Timberlake's new CD...just released today!!! WOOT..I'm bringing sexy back.....

Older versions of Limewire were notorious for spyware and other forms of malware. The new version appears to be clean, but I would still strongly recommend that you protect yourself as much as possible with updated AV and a decent firewall. Many of these programs not only serve up annoying third party apps and pop ups, but will even attempt to open ports on your computer that could allow your computer to be compromised.

I'm not really into p2p programs, but for those of you that are, this link will give you some info on the different apps available and risks they could pose. Somebody took the time to test different programs and record the results --

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/
    "My problems with him are his vision and tendency to dance instead of pounding a hole." - Harvey Wallbangers

good read, thanks for sharing.

I've never known Limeware to have spyware, but I've only been using it for a couple of years.

Had to upgrade the newest version of itunes tonight. Wow, major upgrade. They have movies for sale on there now. Now, I think movies are made to be watched on the big screen, but if you are traveling or something, it's a heck of an idea.

? HOFer
    its not new, but "ten" by Pearl Jam is one of the best albums of our time. I thought of this because I am listening to it while studying now.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    its not new, but "ten" by Pearl Jam is one of the best albums of our time. I thought of this because I am listening to it while studying now.
    Agreed.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    good read, thanks for sharing.

I've never known Limeware to have spyware, but I've only been using it for a couple of years.

Had to upgrade the newest version of itunes tonight. Wow, major upgrade. They have movies for sale on there now. Now, I think movies are made to be watched on the big screen, but if you are traveling or something, it's a heck of an idea.
    I really HATE the new iTunes because it breaks all of the user interface conventions that Apple has within their operating system. It sticks out like a sore thumb and is just flat out ugly on the eyes now. iTunes 4 was so pretty back in the day.

I use iTunes as my jukebox of choice, but I really wish they would strip all the video viewing elements out of it and throw them into a seperate program. I am a firm believer in several small programs that do what they are supposed to do well, rather than something like iTunes that does everything acceptable, but nothing great.

Sorry about the rant, it just irritates me.

As for a GREAT p2p, Ares is just about the best in the biz! It's an open-source client, and I don't know what sort of technology is different in it, but it only searches the Ares network, versus the gnutella one that Limewire searches. The ares network is loaded with goodies and willing users that share. It is the new big P2p on college campuses.

I use that, or bit torrent.