Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Official Day 2 (Rounds 2 and 3) of the 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Blog Entries
    FUNNY STUFF READING THE BLOG

No, he'll say everything is OK.

by Tom Silverstein 10:13 PM

Tom, your gonna ask Ted a question about ILB? Do you really think you will get a straight answer? LOL

by John from the Falls 10:13
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This is shaping up to be TT's worst draft... just a complete disaster.
    wist

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Night folks. I'm wishing for Mike Hull tomorrow. Paul Dawson can't carry his jock.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I like the 2nd and 3rd Rd. picks.

That 1st rounder last night.....Holy Mackerel Ted......smarten up. Use a first Rd. pick for first rd. talent ....please.

TT had better options than a decent baseball player @ Pick NO. 30.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    This guy is Randall Cobb without the receiving ability.

by Tom Silverstein 10:04 PM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    A FUNNY BLOGGER

I have no idea who TT will pick next but let me be the first to say how disappointed I am in his next selection!

Yeah, Montgomery sounds like a backup to Cobb for gadget plays. Put them both on the field and shift them around (backfield, slot, whatever) and make the defense adjust. Bigger guys like Jordy and Adams (or maybe Janis?) on the outside will draw attention. Also means we don't risk Cobb on KR/PR, and maybe the CB picks mean they keep Hyde on PR?

Harris was pretty pedestrian as a KR last year. A R3 for a KR seems a little steep, but maybe he's insurance against Cobb and 'Magic' getting hurt.

If he plays like a young Josh Cribbs, they will have a real weapon though. M3 will figure out how to use him.

red's been posting from the Blackhawk game.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    A FUNNY BLOGGER

I have no idea who TT will pick next but let me be the first to say how disappointed I am in his next selection!
    lol... good stuff.

This is one of TT's "FU Packer Nation" drafts... "I'm smarter than everyone drafts"...

This draft is junk right out of the gate. Maybe he can salvage it on day 3, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less about whether he fixes the roster holes.

It's too bad to, b/c we're not that far away from competing for a title. This draft and offseason set us back from being close... Randall and Montgomery are joke picks, and Collins will take some time to develop. We lost some players on defense - and our defense wasn't good enough to begin with... so, we've definitely taken steps backward this year.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Those people look way too clean for a hockey game. Guess that's how you know it's the playoffs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Those people look way too clean for a hockey game. Guess that's how you know it's the playoffs.
    Its possible red was just settling down to watch the Avengers movie.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They are gonna keep 6 WR I guess. They're not cutting a third round pick, Abbie will make the team, and Janis will too. Weird to pick a guy this high unless you love him.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    lol... good stuff.

This is one of TT's "FU Packer Nation" drafts... "I'm smarter than everyone drafts"...

This draft is junk right out of the gate. Maybe he can salvage it on day 3, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less about whether he fixes the roster holes.

It's too bad to, b/c we're not that far away from competing for a title. This draft and offseason set us back from being close... Randall and Montgomery are joke picks, and Collins will take some time to develop. We lost some players on defense - and our defense wasn't good enough to begin with... so, we've definitely taken steps backward this year.
    blah blah blah. Ya know, you may end up being right, but if you are, you probably will be the only one happy about it. See you in the funny papers. You and Red make this whole thing unpleasant. I'll be elsewhere for the rest of the draft.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I like the 2nd and 3rd Rd. picks.

That 1st rounder last night.....Holy Mackerel Ted......smarten up. Use a first Rd. pick for first rd. talent ....please.

TT had better options than a decent baseball player @ Pick NO. 30.
    Some scouts thought this draft had only 20 players worthy of a first round grade. Plus, at the end of the first you're just as good off drafting high second round picks as you are late firsts. Especially since some of those high 2nd graded players likely won't be there when it gets back to you.

blah blah blah. Ya know, you may end up being right, but if you are, you probably will be the only one happy about it. See you in the funny papers. You and Red make this whole thing unpleasant. I'll be elsewhere for the rest of the draft.
    I've left wist on ignore. It makes conversation actually appear rational around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I've left wist on ignore. It makes conversation actually appear rational around here.
    I probably should have. I had to get out of here last night. Just couldn't take Wist's hysterical whining any more. And that was before they took Montgomery. Watching the draft was actually fun once I got away from here.

No worries ayn... you and the foo-foo girls (Joe and Striker) can stroke yourself raw - I've got Pacquiao today.

Expecting a loss there too, as the karma of this sports weekend is completely shot. The Bucks got destroyed, and Ted has gone back to his old ways.

Go Manny!!
    wist

Blog Entries
    To me all of this stuff is for entertainment value and I value views the same and opposite of mine and I rarely care about tones.
    Wist has been right a lot in the past and I appreciate that he's outstpoken cause I like guys with strong opinions
    I wish those who opposed and absolutely loved a pick would swear it's an incredible pick cause it's fun to look back on stuff like this; the gotta trust TT stuff has never did anything for me.
    I like strong viewpoints

This draft is really freakin weird. I don't mind taking a WR. I'm just not sure about this guy. From what I read and the more I read - it sounds like TT took this guy for his return ability and is hoping they can develop him into a better WR. I don't agree with this pick, but, I'm trusting TT.

This team has holes. They could use another pass rushing OLB, TE and ILB is the obvious NEED. But, when the Packers picked last night - I only saw one player, Dawson, who could fill the ILB hole and he has some MAJOR, MAJOR question marks. I gotta assume TT didn't even have him on his board.

We'll be ok - Trust in TT. And this is coming from a glass half-empty guy.

Montgomery is more easily explained than Randall. Montgomery was a huge prospect coming into his Senior season and was expected to be a R1 kid. Then Stanford has an off year passing and a new QB that doesn't feed Montgomery the ball with the same success as his predecessor.

Did the WR top out or was he hampered by the change to the offense? Probably the QB and Offense.

I think the drops issue was overplayed in the one scouting report we got and he probably isn't the natural route runner that Jennings was. But neither are Cobb or Nelson. If there are two coaches who can be counted on the improve a prospect, its Whitt and Bennett. The kid will be OK. He is another inside WR like Cobb who can also run it out of the backfield.