Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 UDFA Thread

Blog Entries
    Jimmie Hunt - WR Mizzou - 4.45 40 time, the turtle of the bunch. He has a really nice set of highlights with some acrobatic catches in traffic...

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Here is an updated list. Wow, lots of WR's and RB's.

Offense

John Crockett, RB, North Dakota State (reported, confirmed by player)
    Raymond Maples, RB, Army (reported)
    Alonzo Harris, RB, Louisiana Lafayette (reported)
    Malcolm Agnew, RB, Southern Illinois (reported)
    Adrian Coxson, WR, Stony Brook (reported)
    Larry Pinkard, WR, Old Dominion (reported by ODU)
    Ricky Collins, WR, Texas A&M-Commerce (reported, confirmed by player)
    Jimmie Hunt, WR, Missouri (reported)
    Javess Blue, WR, Kentucky (reported)
    Mitchell Henry, TE, Western Kentucky (reported)
    Fabbians Ebbele, OL, Arizona (reported by UofA)
    Matt Rotheram, OL, Pittsburgh (confirmed by player)
    Marcus Reed, OL, Fayetteville State (reported)

MINICAMP TRYOUT: Blake Sims, QB, Alabama (reported)
    MINICAMP TRYOUT: Jake Silas, OT, Buffalo (reported by agent)
    MINICAMP TRYOUT: Josh Bredl, OT, Colorado State-Pueblo (reported by APC's Jason B. Hirschhorn)
    MINICAMP TRYOUT: Mitch King, TE, Penn (reported by agent)

Defense

Lavon Hooks, DT, Mississippi (reported)
    James Vaughters, OLB, Stanford (reported)
    Tavarus Dantzler, ILB, Bethune-Cookman (reported by agent)
    Bernard Blake, CB, Colorado State (reported by agent)
    Ladarius Gunter, DB, Miami (FL) (reported by college coach)

MINICAMP TRYOUT: Skye Povey, DB, BYU (reported by APC's Jason B. Hirschhorn)
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Myles White's gotta be thrilled.

Dantzler said in that Steelerswire interview that the one thing he really wants to do is play in a 3-4 defense and fly around making plays all over the field. Actually said "Green Bay defense"... and when he said his favorite player was Clay... he really meant it. Loves him, loves everything about him. Maybe Clay takes him under his wing so he can go back to OLB. Guy looks like a man among boys out there. Put me on the bandwagon fellas!

Yeah, how did he not get drafted? I bet there are several players drafted this year that aren't nearly as talented as Dantzler. Green Bay should feel fortunate. This kid must be on cloud nine to meet Clay. That is cool.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Adrian Coxson - 6'1" 215 speed demon
    Wow, this kid has skills. I was reading a bit more about his background. Here's link to a story where he committed to and then de-committed from Penn State. He then went to Florida, and decided to leave that program because of a family hardship (his Dad went blind and he wanted to be closer to home). He transferred to Maryland, wasn't getting enough playing time, so he transfers to Stony Brook (an FCS school located on Long Island), and you can see the highlights above. That's a few stops, for sure. He will definitely be one to watch come TC. Some of those highlights are spectacular, and he appears to be a willing blocker too.

not to be outdone, here's Larry Pinkard - 6'1 200
    This sounds kind of naive, but a bunch of these UDFA's look real interesting...
    This kid was dismissed from Old Dominion's football team in June 2014 for violating team rules (they never give specifics So, I wonder how he'll be after a year off.

5 OL listed - we all knew when TT didn't draft one they'd be coming from somewhere!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Here's my wish list...

RB
    John Crockett, NDSU
    Zach Zenner, SDSU
    Tyler Varga, Yale

WR
    Donatella Luckett, Harding

TE
    Lynden Trail, Norfolk State (6'7 260) Played receiver in H.S., OLB in college. NFL.com lists him as a TE. Take a flyer!

OL
    Rob Crisp, N.C. State

DL
    Derrick Lott, UT-Chattanooga
    Xavier Williams, Northern Iowa

LB
    Taiwan Jones, Michigan St.
    Mike Hull, Penn St. (listed as OLB on NFL.com)
    Trey DePriest, Alabama
    Zach Vigil, Utah St.
    Jeff Luc, Cincinnati (wasn't on the LB prospect list on NFL.com, but does have a profile)

CB
    Ladarius Gunter, Miami (the U)
    Got Crockett and Gunter
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Here's why Dantzler didn't get drafted most likely.

2009 - Assault, Aggravated, with a Firearm

That was five years ago at 18 so it's been awhile.

Then,

2014 - Possession with Intent to Sell
    I couldn't find what the drug was. I'm guessing marijuana.

Get rid of the guns Tavarus and stay out of trouble buddy. You could have a bright future ahead if you don't screw it up. Move to Green Bay and hang with Jake Ryan.

Give that man a cigar! The mystery player is Ryan Shazier. Could Dantzler be a poor man's Shazier? Hey, I know some of Shazier's numbers dwarf Dantzler's, but Shazier was also a top 20 pick in the draft. That being said, some of the numbers are similar enough to draw some comparison. IF (put that in big red letters) Dantzler can make it through training camp and and make an good impression, and should he be able to make the team and contribute, then you gotta give it up to TT and the scouting dept.
    You should know better. TT could draft a rookie All Pro in the sixth round, and some posters will say he was "forced" into the pick and should get no credit at all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Here's why Dantzler didn't get drafted most likely.

2009 - Assault, Aggravated, with a Firearm
    Shit...

Well someone posted they wanted someone with a criminal attitude at ILB. Seems T2 listened.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Got Crockett and Gunter
    Harv, this is good news! Things will be tight for Crockett as far as a roster spot, but if he can show out better than Neal, he might have a shot. If not, perhaps a stint on the practice squad for some seasoning.

I feel the same way about Gunter. Love the size. Love the compete he shows on film. He gets knocked for being a little stiff in the hips and for diagnosis/recognition. Film study and the mental approach, plus what the kid has gifted to him with size and adequate speed, I think this kid can be something.

You gotta see this catch by Javess Blue one of the Packer UDFA's:

Beautiful play.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Here's a great article on Blake Sims: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...letter_to.html

Sims is a class act...in the mold of Russell Wilson. I wish him well when he tries out for the Pack.

When the Packers drafted Brian Brohm I predicted Matt Flynn would give him a run for his money. Dare I say the same thing about Sims with regard to Hundley? Sims set several passing records at Alabama. He excels at Lane Kiffen's brand of pro-style, fast-paced offense. He's fast, athletic, has a great arm, is difficult to sack and is a great runner as well. I wouldn't sell him short.

Honestly, from what I've seen of Brett Hundley's game, there is more to like in Sims'.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

If there were no psychological aspect to sports, I'm taking Hundley. That said, we know that there is. Sims beams confidence. We'll see...

You gotta see this catch by Javess Blue one of the Packer UDFA's:
    And I think that might've even been a catch in the NFL, ball didn't touch the ground until he was out of bounds...Not sure though. I don't think anyone is, really.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

"There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    If there were no psychological aspect to sports, I'm taking Hundley. That said, we know that there is. Sims beams confidence. We'll see...
    Coleman beamed confidence too.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.