Interesting tidbits on Hundley from the GBPG:

Two mornings after the NFL draft, UCLA coach Jim Mora Jr. called to see how his former quarterback was doing.

The fifth-round draft pick told him he already was watching film of the Packers' offense — five days before rookie minicamp.

"That kind of, to me, indicates the type of mindset this guy has," Mora told Press-Gazette Media. "Monday morning, he's preparing for minicamp already. That's the kind of kid you're getting in Green Bay with Brett Hundley."

Mora said he wasn't surprised his former pupil was studying. This is the Hundley he knew for four years at UCLA. The guy teammates voted a captain during fall camp entering his redshirt freshman season, before he'd ever taken a snap.

At UCLA, Mora said, Hundley always was a leader. He outworked his peers, preparing even when nobody was watching. Mora said he expects Hundley to have the same work ethic in Green Bay.

"He's just a very motivated kid," Mora said. "He has the keys to the meeting room, he has a film machine at home. He's the first one in, and the last one out. All those clichés that describe great work ethic and great leadership — Brett, he is the cliché."

Eliot Wolf, the Packers' director of player personnel, described Hundley a different way Saturday. "Football nerd," Wolf called him. That was the first impression Wolf had after meeting Hundley at the NFL combine in February.

"I love football," Hundley said. "It's just who I am, and what's bred inside of me. I love being a quarterback. I love knowing everything about the game. I could sit here and watch film all day with you and just learn. I like knowledge, to put it like that.

"If I don't know something, I want to know it, and I think that's the way I approach things. That's the way I approach football. I think Green Bay is the perfect organization to learn as much as possible, and they have the best coaches to help me do that, and Aaron Rodgers."

On Saturday, Hundley called landing in Green Bay a "blessing in disguise." Mora said he emphasized the point to him on the phone Monday.