Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Indirect, or circumstantial evidence never completes the circle that a crime was committed and you know who did it.

At best, it gives you a probability. In some cases, say a murder or robbery, you have physical evidence, method and a time frame for the crime. Process of elimination with indirect or circumstantial evidence can get you close to certain. Maybe enough to overcome reasonable doubt.

In this case, the complete lack of direct evidence of tampering, including what should have been regarded as less than compelling physical evidence of the balls in use, is being used in connection with direct evidence of opportunity (guy in room with balls) and possibly incriminating conduct (destroy cell phone) to imagine a crime that there is LITTLE TO NO evidence has occurred.

So it SEEMS like Brady is guilty of something. But no one can say with any sense of certainty what he did, or knew about.
At this point I truly feel the main thing Brady is guilty of is telling the High King to fuck off.

I'm trying to think of any other instance in which an employer could demand their employees hand over personal property. It would be different if the phone was provided by, or issued by the team or the NFL, but it wasn't. As I've said before, I think the CBA specifically says they have to, but I'm not sure.

What are the odds Brady says enough is enough, and throws in the towel? Not significant, but I'd guess not 0 either. Is he chasing any other significant records? He's got most SB wins by a QB, that would be the big one for him. His statistics were never great, he's not going to run down any of Manning or Favre's records. He's got his health, wife, family and is set for money for life. Shit, he could be in Brazil with Giselle right now, but had to go to New York for the hearing.

Can you imagine the shit storm Goodell would face if he publicly said he was retiring, and this was part of the reason?

edit: he has tied the wins record. I bet he'd like to own that one, and it would stand a while.