Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I do not mean to dismiss you arguments. I agree you an Patler could be right. When this all went down and the texts were first revealed, I thought Brady should be gone, so I understand your position.

But for the court to accept that deflation happened artificially is unfortunate*. Rand may be right that we cannot 100% rule out tampering, but there is still a good chance that environment played a large role in the halftime readings.

*The Court's hands are probably tied here, as this is an appeal and no new fact finding happens (or is not supposed to happen) at the appeal. So the other studies may not enter into it, unless the NFLPA included them in their filings.
    OK, sorry if I misunderstood. This is the first time you have acknowledged the possibility that there might be sufficient evidence, at least from someone else's perspective. I think we all agree that environment played a large role in the halftime readings. This was in the Well's report as well. We just disagree on whether or not there is evidence to support that deflation likely played a role in addition to the environment.

I think there is evidence that McNally let air out of the balls and that the judge is reasonable in reaching the conclusion. It is based upon direct evidence of McNally's actions on that day, and indirect evidence of his motives and intent.
    Last edited by sharpe1027; 08-13-2015 at 09:16 AM.